Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

errors with address merge fields on envelope

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> errors with address merge fields on envelope Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/18/2014 5:11:28 PM   
marthadp

PS 23.1 Deluxe Pro Publisher: I am a new user to PS 23.1 (but a long time user of PS) & am trying to set up & print a envelope with merge fields as follows.. First Name Last Name (on top line); Address1 on 2nd line; City, State, Zip on 3rd line & country on 4th.
When I merge the field with the address book the top line prints the first & last name, the 2nd line prints: Address1 (& doesn't print the intended address); the 3rd line prints Address2 which I did not include in the field set-up followed by the city; the 4th line prints out the state. The country is not even mentioned or included anywhere. The address book I am using for the merge fields has the following fields in this order horizontally across the top of the page: Name (which includes 1st & last names) =1st field; Primary Address Line 1 =2nd field; City =3rd field; State/Prov =4th field, Zip/Postal Code =5th field & Country =6th field. Why does the Address1 field not print the intended address? Why does Address 2 appear when I did not include it in the box on the envelope?? Also, sometimes when using PS 22, the address got included in the first line after the name - how can that be avoided?

Thanks for your help - I am very frustrated that the envelope merge field does not seem to be working correctly in this 23.1 - it worked just fine in PSD22 & is one of the features of PS that I have used & particularly like so am very disappointed that it does not seem to be working properly in 23.1. Please advise.
Post #: 1
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/18/2014 6:21:25 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: marthadp
...sometimes when using PS 22, the address got included in the first line after the name - how can that be avoided?

Make sure you put a hard return after the name to ensure the address goes to the next line.

quote:

I am very frustrated that the envelope merge field does not seem to be working correctly in this 23.1

I have 23.1 on Win7. The mail merge works perfectly. If it is not user error, then could be your program or your address book is corrupted. To eliminate the possibility of user error, please compare your envelope project and address book to this screen capture. It should be very similar.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to marthadp)
Post #: 2
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/24/2014 7:08:56 PM   
marthadp

Thank you for your reply. I just now checked to see if I had had any response to my question and am grateful for yours. I am able to print envelopes using my address book with PS22 but it comes out as I indicated in PS23.1. The Address format on the envelope in question is the same as in your example. My address book has horizontal columns as follows: Name (which includes first & last name); Primary Address Line 1; City; State; Zip Code; and lastly, country. For some unknown reason the Address 1 field does not print the intended address but puts in only 'Address1". On the next line appear the words Address2 (even though I don't have a column titled Address 2. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Martha

(in reply to marthadp)
Post #: 3
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/24/2014 7:23:21 PM   
marthadp

Thanks for your response. I just now was able to check to see if there were any responses to my issue. My format for the address label was exactly like the one you show. I still use the same address book for envelopes that I designed in PS 22 & the merge fields work perfectly with that version of the program so I don't think the address book could be corrupted. I wanted to add that when I attempt to test whether an actual address will print I sometimes get the error message: 'Fields not in Address Book' & 'The fill-in fields listed below are used in your project but are not part of the "p$temp" address book' & then lists Address1. My address book has a different title but the address book that comes up is the one I intend to use. My address book columns are as I listed in the earlier email reply sent about an hour ago (which I sent as I thought I had lost this one) i.e., Name (which includes 1st name & last name), Primary Address Line 1; City; State; Zip Code; Country. Thank you for any help you can provide...

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/24/2014 7:28:45 PM   
ellengard

Please confirm: you are using an Address Book created in PS22? Is your Address Book file extension "AB2"?

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/24/2014 7:38:57 PM >

(in reply to marthadp)
Post #: 5
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/24/2014 10:34:04 PM   
HomerT

(ellengard: If it is not user error, then could be your program or your address book is corrupted.)

(marthadp: I sometimes get the error message: 'Fields not in Address Book' & 'The fill-in fields listed below are used in your project but are not part of the "p$temp" address book' & then lists Address1.)

There's a Tech Tip here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=20447

which indicates that the 'Field not in Address Book' error message would indicate a corrupt template rather than a corrupt Address Book.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/28/2014 8:27:22 AM   
marthadp

Yes - I am using the address book I compiled in PS22. I was using a ready made label template so will try with a new blank label template.

Also, When I try to access my projects in PS23.1 I get the message that the 'project X cannot find the file. Please verify that the current path & filename are given'. The few projects I have completed since I upgraded to PS23.1 are saved in a file which I called 'My PS23.1'. I can get to those if I open 23.1 but if a project was saved when I completed it in PS22, it is listed in the Project GAllergy but when I click to open it, I get the message, that the file cannot be found. How can I correct this situation? Thanks...

(in reply to HomerT)
Post #: 7
RE: errors with address merge fields on envelope - 2/28/2014 9:56:35 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: marthadp
... it is listed in the Project GAllergy but when I click to open it, I get the message, that the file cannot be found. How can I correct this situation? Thanks...

Open the file from File | Open from Disk... browse to the folder where it is stored. When it is opened, Save As... make sure the check is there for saving to the Project Gallery, then save.

If you have MANY projects in this situation, there is a pinned thread describing how to fix a corrupted Project Gallery.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40155
Read thoroughly to see if it applies to your situation.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/28/2014 10:03:43 AM >

(in reply to marthadp)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> errors with address merge fields on envelope Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4