Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars - 6/14/2014 1:00:21 PM   
Old Geezer

Back in 2005 someone showed me how to print out a pocket calendar which included family events imported from Outlook Calendars and a list of family addresses and contact info. It was printed front and back on 14 pages of 8 1/2 x 11 paper but was formatted in such a way that it was centered on the page and when trimmed down after printing and then folded in half and stapled together it was 3.75 " x 6.5". It had cover pages on front and rear of folded product. When one flipped up the first leaf of the folded document it showed the first half of Jan. which was printed on the back of page one of the document and the second half of Jan which was printed upside down on the next page, etc. This meant when you flipped up the first sheet of the folded document one saw a clear 6" x 7.7" calendar with events shown clearly and there was still room to make write-in notes showing luncheon dates, etc. as they came up. This was a very useful tool to have. It was created with a much older version of calendar creator on an older computer I no longer have. I've had a recent request to again publish an up--to-date version of this and can't remember how I did it or figure out how to do it with the newer stuff I now use. One younger and more computer savvy person showed me how to save the calendars as .jpg files and set this up in Publisher and crop and paste the pictures but when I do that the events are small and hard to read. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THE OLD GEEZER HOW TO SET THIS THING UP??? I'm willing to buy more software if needed.
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars - 6/14/2014 8:11:30 PM   
DEJenc3

I expect you've given a good description of what you have been able to create in the past with an older version of Calendar Creator, but I cannot visualize what this would look like or how it would be created in the newer versions of Calendar Creator. I don't want to say that it can't be done, but only that I don't think I would be able to create it.

Some of it could probably be handled in the Calendar Creator Page Setup area, looking at the Layout tab, where you have options for the number of calendars per page, and custom calendar size. Addresses in notes could be handled by adding a Task List to the calendar and entering the names in the Task List. As a pocket-size calendar, I'm not surprised text is hard to read.

My thought for eventual print size would be to print as if you were printing to standard 8-1/2 x 11" paper, perhaps 4 calendars per page, and print to a PDF file. Finally, use Adobe Reader to scale the final output going to paper.

I can't comment on the capabilities of the older version of Calendar Creator, so I don't know if there had been a feature that led you through this process in a way that you don't see in the current version.

I hope this can get you started, even if it isn't a solution.

David

(in reply to Old Geezer)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars - 6/15/2014 12:47:13 AM   
Kira

The more complex options for Calendar Creator can be found in the Print Wizard, on the File menu, which offers both an Instabook option (with a booklet option) and an Organizer option. Hopefully, you will be able to configure one of those options to work for you. Since I have never created any calendar with either the Instabook option or the Organizer option, I will not be able to provide any detailed assistance with either of those options.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars - 6/15/2014 10:04:14 PM   
ellengard

quote:

When one flipped up the first leaf of the folded document it showed the first half of Jan. which was printed on the back of page one of the document and the second half of Jan which was printed upside down on the next page, etc. ...when you flipped up the first sheet of the folded document one saw a clear 6" x 7.7" calendar

Hi, Old Geezer,

I hope you are open to an alternative to this top-fold double-sided calendar booklet you have described. I tried everything I could think of and could not find any way to split a month over different sheets of paper... downright impossible to make that half month print 6" x 7.7" as that would put it past the fold line onto a different sheet of paper.

I can make a side-fold booklet that has:

1. cover
  2. January
  3. January notes
  4. February
  5. February notes
  6. etc.

Each month takes up the entire left side of each sheet i.e. fits within 5.5" x 8.5". I can help you with this, but not with what you originally described.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/15/2014 10:07:12 PM >

(in reply to Old Geezer)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Pocket Calendars Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4