Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Set up - size - user defined

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Print Set up - size - user defined Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/26/2015 11:21:58 AM   
cdegroot

I have PM18 Plat. And also a large format printer. I can create a scrapbook pg (12x12) in PM, but cannot print
as 12x12 is not an option under size? So I tried user-defined. and cannot find out how to use
that option???
Stuck
CD

Carolyn Degroot
Post #: 1
RE: Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/26/2015 12:38:20 PM   
ellengard

File >Printer Setup> Print Setup... Choose your printer, click Properties... choose your paper size. If 12x12 is not there, choose custom and define your custom size. These are general instructions since I do not know how your printer driver displays your printer's options. See your printer's user manual.

The other way is to go to Devices and Printers (from the Windows Start button) and change the printer's preferences so that 12x12 paper is its default.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/26/2015 12:39:01 PM >

(in reply to cdegroot)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/26/2015 1:05:43 PM   
cdegroot

thanks, I've tried that and had my hopes up. But, the printer balks and says the paper sizes do not match.
I can not get my Epson 7620 to ignore what Print Master says.

Need to be able to use the User-defined feature, but so far no one seems to know how to use it?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/26/2015 11:40:11 PM   
ellengard

If your Epson can do 12x12, but doesn't even show that size in its list of paper sizes, how the heck did you print 12x12 before?

(in reply to cdegroot)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/27/2015 10:02:37 AM   
cdegroot

good point, in fact I had a Epson wf7510 and had no problems.
the 7620 is new. And I was finally able to get the user defined feature to work.

YAY - I can print. Still major problem with PSE13 it crashes when you try to print.
I have found out there are many folks with the same problem and I was told a recent
windows update did something that causes this to happen.

I am not a techie, but I am also not alone - many folks have the same issue so it is real.

I found a work around, where I save whatever I created as jpeg and then print using another program.

Not clean, but it works, until PSE13 works again. Or whatever is causing the issue is resolved.

Thanks for you help and insight.

Newbie Degroot

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Print Set up - size - user defined - 6/27/2015 1:15:30 PM   
ellengard

Photo Shop Elements 13? What about PrintMaster 18?

BTW, maybe flattening the layers in PSE13 and then printing will work. If so, that would save you the trouble of exporting a file and importing it to another program. Keep checking the Epson site for an updated printer driver that will fix the problem.

(in reply to cdegroot)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Print Set up - size - user defined Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4