Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 9/24/2013 6:47:50 AM   
emorton

I'm running Print Shop 23.1 Pro Publisher Deluxe on Windows 7. A couple of issues have cropped up just in the last week, one of which is when I try to edit an image using the Advanced Photo Editor, the program freezes and I have to close and restart it. After a couple of instances of the program freezing, it wouldn't reopen at all without a full computer restart.

Any wisdom? Especially on why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

Thanks,
Ellen
Post #: 1
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 9/24/2013 8:01:19 AM   
JasonC

My room mate has the same problem with Internet Explorer, sometimes he can't open it and nothing happens clicking the icon.

This usually indicates a frozen system process. If you press Control Alt Delete on your keyboard, and click on the processes tab, see if anything is running abnormally high percentage wise. Take note of that process and post back and I'll see what I can figure out.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to emorton)
Post #: 2
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 9/24/2013 1:30:40 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: emorton
...why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

I think Windows automatic updates can sometimes affect our programs negatively. When I find a program keeps freezing up, I uninstall it and do a clean re-install. May be a last resort solution. First thing I would do is turn off all programs running in the background via the Startup tab in System Configuration. Or as Jason suggests, via the Windows Task Manager.

(in reply to emorton)
Post #: 3
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 9/24/2013 9:02:10 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: emorton
...why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

I think Windows automatic updates can sometimes affect our programs negatively. When I find a program keeps freezing up, I uninstall it and do a clean re-install. May be a last resort solution. First thing I would do is turn off all programs running in the background via the Startup tab in System Configuration. Or as Jason suggests, via the Windows Task Manager.

Exactly as ellengard said. Windows Update has always been known for program incompatibilites after some updates have been installed.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 10/2/2013 2:03:37 PM   
emorton

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMLFAN4LIFE

My room mate has the same problem with Internet Explorer, sometimes he can't open it and nothing happens clicking the icon.

This usually indicates a frozen system process. If you press Control Alt Delete on your keyboard, and click on the processes tab, see if anything is running abnormally high percentage wise. Take note of that process and post back and I'll see what I can figure out.

This freeze occurred again and I looked at the processes tab... everything seems to be running at 00-01% CPU except for PMW.exe associated with Print Shop, which is changing from 00 up to about 50% CPU.

Wisdom? Thanks --

Ellen

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 10/2/2013 2:05:51 PM   
ellengard

Re-install.

(in reply to emorton)
Post #: 6
RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash - 8/19/2015 2:00:01 PM   
C.Porter

Hi Ellen,
I figured out the problem as this recently started this freeze with us.
Go to the Printshop properties right click and go to the compatibilities tab. Make sure NOTHING is checked there. DO NOT run as administrator.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4