Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 10:52:19 AM   
hlewton

I have projects I created with older versions of PrintShop the most recent of which is PrintShop 21. I have especially 1/4 fold cards that I would like to keep and be able to do slight modifications to but since switching to Windows 10 OS I am not able to run PrintShop 21 no matter what I try. I have tried to learn to use PrintShop 3.5 which I have had for some time now. I am able to open these 1/4 fold card projects in PrintShop 3.5 but they appear as a single page with half of it being upside down. I have tried saving that single page and reopening it with PtintShop 3.5's format but still it is a single page. Is there a way to open these past projects, display them as they were displayed in PrintShop 21 as a 1/4 fold card, and edit them?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 11:08:36 AM   
JasonC

You can import Print Shop 21 projects. But keep in mind the formatting and other technical issues may prevent the project from importing successfully. A good tutorial for making your projects compatible can be found here: http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/3/2/how-to-make-your-old-projects-compatible-in-new-programs.aspx

Below is an image that shows you where to look to open up older projects.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to hlewton)
Post #: 2
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 11:15:22 AM   
hlewton

Thank you very much. I will follow that link as soon as I post this.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 4:19:22 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: hlewton
... I have especially 1/4 fold cards that I would like to keep and be able to do slight modifications to... they appear as a single page with half of it being upside down... Is there a way to open these past projects, display them as they were displayed in PrintShop 21 as a 1/4 fold card, and edit them?

All quarter-fold cards from v21 will open in v3.5, as a single page with half of it being upside down. This is perfectly accurate since printing it exactly as is, will produce a quarter-fold card. I do understand that it can be confusing to edit this because you are looking at the entire sheet of paper, rather than "card panels".

It is a bit of work to convert them into v3.5 quarter-fold projects, so after explaining it here, you can decide if it's just easier to edit the sheet instead.

1. Open your old project with The Print Shop 3.5.
  2. Open a new, blank quarter-fold project.
  3. By switching back and forth between these two projects, copy and paste elements from the old project, to the blank project.
  4. Rotate elements as required.
  5. Paste elements into the appropriate page of the new project.
  6. Save the new project.

Basically, you have made available all the old graphics and text, to create a new quarter-fold card project.

(in reply to hlewton)
Post #: 4
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 4:21:06 PM   
ellengard

This post is helpful in describing how some of the older projects will open in v3.5:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

(in reply to hlewton)
Post #: 5
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 6:20:48 PM   
hlewton

ellengard thank you very much. I do have to say though that I did do exactly what you just suggested. And though I won't do it for all the cards, I now have a working 3.5 version of the 1/4 fold card that I can modify to suit any future needs I may have. The first couple elements I copied I was closing and reopening the older version to copy and then closing it and opening the 3.5 version to paste BUT then I noticed the TABs which made it easier. Again thank you for the suggestion and I will also check out your link.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop - 3/1/2016 6:29:58 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome. And yes, you can have more than one project open at a time, just like the old version.

(in reply to hlewton)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Working With Older Versions Of PrintShop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4