Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to Uninstall without CD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> How to Uninstall without CD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Uninstall without CD - 4/6/2016 1:47:56 PM   
helptheboy

I have an old version of PrintMaster Gold. I can't tell anymore than that because literally everything I try to do requires that I insert the CD. I do not have the CD. Is there a way to uninstall the product without the CD?
Post #: 1
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/6/2016 2:12:09 PM   
JasonC

I would be more than happy to help you out with that. For future reference, please only post one thread on the forums for your inquiry.

Which version were you working with and what operating system are you on? Need that information in order to assist.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to helptheboy)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/7/2016 10:50:00 AM   
helptheboy

Thanks Jason! As my post indicates I cannot access the product or do anything without the CD. I cannot see or find the version except it says PrintMaster Gold. This is also why I posted under several different versions; not know if anyone could help.

What is my next step?

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/7/2016 11:11:55 AM   
JasonC

Okay, what version of Windows are you running?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to helptheboy)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/7/2016 1:34:27 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: helptheboy
Is there a way to uninstall the product without the CD?

In Win7, to uninstall programs from your computer, select Programs and Features from the Control Panel. It may be a little different in Win10.

(in reply to helptheboy)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/7/2016 2:29:55 PM   
JasonC

I was told that this might be version 16, but could be something else. Unfortunately, this program was by design like that and there are no actual ways to use the Control Panel to remove that program. However someone had also suggested to me a program called "Revo Uninstaller" which has been known to thoroughly remove programs, even if the installer / uninstaller has been corrupted.

This is a third party program and not designed or sponsored by Encore Software so please utilize the advice of a computer professional if you don't feel comfortable using that uninstall utility suggested.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/7/2016 4:28:47 PM   
ellengard

I had heard that some adware programs can't be removed via Control Panel, but was unaware that there is a version of PrintMaster that can't be removed.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/8/2016 2:30:17 PM   
helptheboy

Thank you I was aware that I could spend money to buy an uninstall program but obviously spending money to install your program is a horrible predicament to put your users into.

VERY POOR DESIGN, VERY POOR SERVICE. I WILL REMEMBER THIS AND RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE... NO ONE... BUYS THESE PRODUCTS OR WORKS WITH ENCORE.

Have a nice day.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/8/2016 3:24:24 PM   
JasonC

You don't have to pay for an uninstall program. There is a free version at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, products are not guaranteed support beyond a certain time frame at which support is directed to these end user forums. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to helptheboy)
Post #: 9
RE: How to Uninstall without CD - 4/8/2016 4:11:32 PM   
Kirsten

As can be seen here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27430

"If you are unable to uninstall the software by way of 'Add or Remove Programs' or 'Programs and Features', it will be necessary for you to perform a manual uninstall - by searching the hard drive for files and folders related to the program you want to uninstall. then manually removing those files and folders - as is described in Step #2 below. When a manual uninstall is performed, the name of the program will not always be removed from the list of installed software in 'Add or Remove Programs' or 'Programs and Features'. However, since that list is nothing more than a list, it is perfectly safe for the name of the program to remain in the list of installed software.

NOTE: If you are uninstalling Print Shop or PrintMaster or Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer or Calendar Creator, please see the "Tips for uninstalling Broderbund software" message below.

(in reply to helptheboy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> How to Uninstall without CD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4