Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 6/8/2019 9:30:31 PM   
JasonC

We understand that our users would like moon phases for past certain years and or dates. However in this release, we currently do not have this built in.

If a user would like to create this, I would be happy to review its functionality and see if we can get it hosted as a download on the support site.

Please send me a message if you have a created file and I will get in touch with you to review it.

Also note that sending me a file is not a guarantee that we will make it available on the site but we'll review it.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 7/25/2019 7:30:40 PM   
MSGUSA

Hello JasonC,

I'm the one who was discussing the moon phases expiring at the end of this year in Calendar Creator 12.2 with David, a link to the thread is below:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=46481&mpage=1&key=헡

I can't speak for others, but even though I recently purchased Calendar Creator 12.2 I would gladly purchase a 12.3 version if it contained an UPDATED (next 10-years or more) moon phase database, and add the option to have the program open in whatever "zoom" it was at when closed.

Except for those two issues, I'm very happy to see the new Calendar Creator version (12.2) that works with Windows 10. Everything else seems to be working properly including importing older files created in previous versions.

Thanks,

Gerald

P.S. It would be icing on the cake if the 12.3 version had the option to use a moon phase "GRAPHIC" like most modern calendars do instead of the current displaying of the WORDS "Full", "First Quarter" etc.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 7/25/2019 10:49:14 PM   
DEJenc3

Those are all valid improvements needed in Calendar Creator, and I hope the developers will take note.

David

(in reply to MSGUSA)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 7/26/2019 9:04:31 AM   
JasonC

Oh yes, these are I agree with David!

We're always looking to improve.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/17/2019 6:03:27 PM   
lem3

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasonC

We understand that our users would like moon phases for past certain years and or dates. However in this release, we currently do not have this built in.

If a user would like to create this, I would be happy to review its functionality and see if we can get it hosted as a download on the support site.

Please send me a message if you have a created file and I will get in touch with you to review it.

Also note that sending me a file is not a guarantee that we will make it available on the site but we'll review it.

What format does this file need to be in: .csv, .icc or something else?

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/18/2019 7:56:06 PM   
DEJenc3

My guess is that .csv would be the format to use, since that's a format that Calendar Creator can import and export. If I were doing it, I would collect the data in a spreadsheet (Excel or similar) and provide that to the developers. They can save it as .csv if that's what they'll use before a conversion to .bcc. If you're going to offer a moon phase calendar, you might want to submit a sample to Encore before putting a lot of work into it, and let them test it to be sure it's what they want for conversion.

I recall at one time having searched online for a .csv moon phase calendar that could be imported into Calendar Creator, but had no success in finding one.

David

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 6
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/18/2019 8:37:37 PM   
lem3

I also found numerous online moon phase calculators, none of which provided any type of bulk data suitable for import into CC.

I used some code from Github to write a PHP script which calculates the four moon phases between any two dates occurring before (at least) 2038. I can code the program to create a .csv file if someone would provide the fields necessary, their format and order.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/18/2019 9:19:19 PM   
DEJenc3

That sounds promising.

For the fields, you can export a calendar to .csv, and that will show the fields that CC uses.

You might want to search the CC forums for threads on importing and exporting. There are various things to take into consideration (fields may have to be filled, numeric/date data may need to be formatted in specific ways, etc.).

David

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 8
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/18/2019 11:27:19 PM   
lem3

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEJenc3

There are various things to take into consideration (fields may have to be filled, numeric/date data may need to be formatted in specific ways, etc.).

Exactly. That's why I would like some knowledgeable guidance on the format of the file so I only have to do this once.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 9
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 11/19/2019 4:38:00 PM   
DEJenc3

There has not been expert guidance on this from Encore as long as I've been using Calendar Creator, and my own efforts haven't been successful in importing data from sources other than exported CC .bcc files.

You might have a look at these past threads. They might provide some leads:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=52285

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=49832

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=53368

David

(in reply to lem3)
Post #: 10
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 1/15/2020 3:55:14 PM   
FixitMAD

Since users have been asking about Phases of the Moon for CC 12.2 since April of 2019, has Tech Support come back with anything in regards to if and when they will release a patch to fix the large install issue and update the Phases of the Moon?

I have not seen anything in recent months regarding CC.

Thanks.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 11
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 6/30/2020 10:46:15 AM   
JasonC

I have made this file permanent here:

https://encoresupport.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/43000583511-updated-moon-phases

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 12
RE: Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases - 7/1/2020 9:51:09 AM   
FixitMAD

Thanks for posting this for everyone Jason!

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator 12.2 and Moon Phases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4