Photo tint of color (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

najah -> Photo tint of color (8/23/2009 10:22:25 AM)

For some reason, I used to be able to change the tint of a photo that I edited, but suddenly cannot. I go to apply color set, the menu with color, texture and photo come up. I import the photo I want to edit, use the drop down menu to change the tint to 50% for example, hit OK and then nothing happens. The photo looks the exact same. It used to work fine but suddenly does not. Please help!

ellengard -> RE: Photo tint of color (8/23/2009 11:56:41 AM)

That's a very unusual way of trying to tint a photo. Instead, just select your photo, click the paint can icon and choose a color from the palette. To lighten or darken, move the slider in the custom color palette box.

Another way to colorize your photo is to use the Adjust Color feature in the Photo Workshop.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/D419BB04A4DF4C178CC2D66D519DE232.jpg[/image]

najah -> RE: Photo tint of color (8/23/2009 12:57:55 PM)

I don't want the photo to change to a new color set completely. It's like if I had a black background that I wanted to turn to gray, so it would just be a lighter shade of the same color. You can look at the attached photo to see what I am talking about. So it would just be the same colors but faded.

Like I said, it worked before but just all of a sudden it stopped. It happened to me also with the page turner function. At first I had a little tool at the bottom of each project that allowed me to easily flip through multiple pages and then it just suddenly went away. I had to complete some process to get it back but I noticed others had that same issue.

If anyone can tell me what I may need to install or reinstall or whatever, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brandy redux -> RE: Photo tint of color (8/23/2009 1:14:00 PM)

Hi Najah,

The method that ellengard described above is the recommended method for applying a tint to a photo in the more recent versions of PrintMaster.

To break it down to it simplest steps, this is what you would do:

1. Click on the photo to select it.

2. Click on the Paint can in the toolbar at the top of the PrintMaster screen.

3. When the Color Palette window opens, click on the 'More' button.

4. When the Color window opens, click on the 'Define Custom Colors' button.

5. Click on the left arrow (the slider that ellengard mentioned above), then drag the slider up until the desired shade is achieved.

If/when you post back here, please tell us which version number of PrintMaster you are using. The reason why I ask is that with the more recent versions of PrintMaster the Apply Color Set option that you described cannot be used to apply tint to a photo.

ellengard -> RE: Photo tint of color (8/23/2009 1:36:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: najah
I don't want the photo to change to a new color set completely... it would just be the same colors but faded.

To fade a photo, just move the slider up, in the custom color palette.

Also, the Photo Workshop lets you fade photos with several options: brighten, contrast, saturation, gamma, etc.

Color sets aren't for editing photos. The purpose of color sets is to help you create consistent, professional-looking documents by assigning your chosen colors to the panel, text and lines of your various business stationery. (So your letterhead matches your business card matches your web site, etc.)

[image]local://upfiles/9017/12006A9905C34D389130B32C13EBF673.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4