Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

JPG - size for photo lab printing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> JPG - size for photo lab printing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JPG - size for photo lab printing - 6/2/2006 6:38:50 AM   
mattorton

I have ps dlx 20. I did a project by selecting a blank page in the tall format. It is basically a scrapbook page with several digital photo images.

I "Export As" to save my project as JPG file. I also change the width and heigth numbers to get better quality needed for the enlargement.

The program saves it as a JPG but, when I take the JPG file to be developed as a 8x10 photo page it cuts off part of the page. Is there a way to keep this from happening. I realize that I am dealing with two different shapes and consequently I will have a white on the edges and that is ok.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/14/2010 11:11:07 PM >

matt orton
Post #: 1
RE: Exporting as a jpg - 6/2/2006 10:28:10 AM   
lindarobin

PDF is a preferred format for professional print stores, but not necessarily for photolabs which print from JPG and TIF. So JPG is fine so long as you are saving at 2400x3000 pixels.

The important thing is that you need to save your JPG IN THE SAME PROPORTION AS 8x10. So draw a 8x10 rectangle and drag out the corner and center it so that the rectangle covers your entire scrapbook page. Layer the rectangle to the bottom. Select ALL, group everything and now export as JPG. If you forget to select all, the program will ignore anything that is outside the margins thus nullifying the attempt to create the correct proportion.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/2/2006 10:29:47 AM >

(in reply to mattorton)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> JPG - size for photo lab printing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4