Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts - 11/6/2004 2:53:10 PM   
lindarobin

With Christmas coming up, I know a lot of people are making custom calendars as gifts. Another great gift idea is a scrapbook page. It can be made with Creating Keepsakes (like the ones I've done here) or with any of the Broderbund desktop publishing programs.

I had digital prints of my nieces and nephew developed at a photolab. I got to choose cool graphic borders for the prints. From the colours in these borders, I chose co-ordinating elements from the art gallery. There is a neat feature called "watermark", where you can make a background with text, so I used the kids' names to make the watermarks.

I glued the photos to the scrapbook pages, then framed them. They will be gifts for my sister.

Here is a photo of the three framed pages. (Sorry for the low resolution, but I didn't want the kids' names to show.)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts - 11/6/2004 11:20:23 PM   
PamE

Wow! You are very talented, lindarobin. Thanks for sharing your work and inspiring us to do the same. I should try this as a Christmast gift. It looks like a lot of fun!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 2
RE: scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts - 11/7/2004 3:50:07 PM   
lindarobin

Thanks, Pam! Yes, do consider making a scrapbook page as a gift! Present it in a frame so it's ready for hanging on the wall or displaying on a shelf. The nice thing about this is that it will still be on display a year from now which cannot be said for calendars and cards made for Christmas.

I wonder how many people have Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer. Perhaps most scrapbook enthusiasts don't use the computer for this hobby. I went to a scrapbook demonstration and it was very handicrafts oriented. They had really neat, beautiful stuff - gorgeous papers, beads, charms, little frames, tags, special pens, specialty scissors and paper punches, strings, stamps, etc, etc! One can spend a lot of money buying scrapbook supplies. It gave me a few ideas of different things I can scan to use in my computer scrapbooking.

(in reply to PamE)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4