When you create an Address Book in Print Shop, and if you intend to use that Address Book in a Print Shop mail merge project, you will want to be sure to enter data into either the 'First' or the 'Last' fields of the 'Title:' row (the first row on the 'Primary' tab of the 'Edit Address' window).
If there is no data in either the 'First' or the 'Last' fields of the 'Title:' row on the 'Primary' tab, the mail merge process will not work - because when you reach Step #4 in the Mail Merge process below, the mail merge process is designed to list ONLY the data listed in the 'First' and 'Last' fields of the 'Title:' row on the 'Primary' tab (even when you don't use the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' Address Merge Fields in your mail merge project).
1. Click File and select Print. The Print dialog box will appear.
2. Click the Merge Names button. The Merge Names window will open.
3. In the Merge Names window, click on File and Select Open. The Open window will appear.
4. Locate and double-click on the name of the address book file to be merged. (This will be the file containing the address information entered earlier.) The names from the selected address book file will appear in the Merge Names window.
5. Click Select All to include all of the listed names to be merged, or press and hold down the CTRL key while clicking on individual names to select those names only.
6. Click OK.
7. In the Number of Labels field, enter the number of labels you want to print for each name selected in Step 5.
8. Click Print to print the project with the merged fields.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.