Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 - 3/9/2010 7:48:39 PM   
JoMe Studios

I have been trying all night to get it to print right, and cannot get it. Was wondering if there was some other setting or how i can get it to print to these cards? Their 2''x3 1/2'' 2 wide by 4 long for a total of 8 per page. product is Avery Clean Edge business CArds 8869. I have manually measured and put in the measurments, and it still prints off center. I have aligned the printshop as well.....

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/20/2010 5:13:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 - 3/9/2010 8:17:29 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi JoMe Studios,

Your problem is being caused by the fact that all pre-designed Print Shop templates are designed to print on Business Card cardstock of 10 per page.

So, since you are measuring, you must be trying to create a Custom Paper with the Custom Paper Wizard - in the Tools menu - because the Custom Paper Wizard is the only way to set up 8-to-a-page business cards in Print Shop.

Following are the measurements that should be entered into the Custom Paper Wizard for 8373/8869 Business Card Paper.

Paper Width: 8.5"

Paper Height: 11.0"

Top Margin: 0.75"

Left Margin: 0.50"

# of columns across: 2

# of rows down: 4

Width: 3.5

Height: 2.0

Width + Gap: 4.00"

Height + Gap: 2.5"

And, if you want to be able to place text and graphics to the edge of each business card, you must click in the box next to 'Full Bleed' - because, if you do not select 'Full Bleed', a dotted line margin will be added to all business cards on the page.

AND, most important of all, since you said that you have aligned Print Shop, there's a very good chance that part of your problem is that you selected the wrong print alignment. So, I would advise you to select 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Printing' and 'Precision Print Alignment'. When the Printer Alignment window opens, click on the 'Reset' button.

NOTE:"Precision Print Alignment" doesn't have anything to do with margins. The only thing that "Precision Print Alignment" does is to move the project around on the page. However, when adjustments are made to "Precision Print Alignment", that can cause "Precision Print Alignment" to be corrupted. And, when that happens, it is necessary to Reset "Precision Print Alignment".

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/1/2011 8:19:50 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to JoMe Studios)
Post #: 2
RE: Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 - 3/9/2010 8:29:03 PM   
Brandy redux

An additional thought JoMe Studios,

If you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer and you'd rather not have to mess with measurements for Business Cards, you could download and install the free Avery Wizard for Microsoft Office here

Avery Wizard for Microsoft® Office

which includes pre-designed templates for 8-to-the-page business cards.

Or, if you don't have Microsoft Office installed on your computer, you could download and install the free Avery Design Pro here

Avery DesignPro® for PC

which also includes pre-designed templates for 8-to-the-page business cards.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/20/2010 5:14:35 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 - 3/9/2010 8:39:45 PM   
JoMe Studios

Thank you much! That seemed to work, some setting somewhere was off.... Thanks for the help!!!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/20/2010 5:14:23 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Avery 8373 template for PS PRO Publisher Deluxe V23 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4