Print Shop 15 should install quite easily on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
If .NET Framework 1.1 is not already installed on the computer, the "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 might display this message
To continue with the installation, select "Run Program". After .NET Framework 1.1 is installed, the necessary updates will be pulled from the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
Several things should be kept in mind about Print Shop 15 - regardless of whether Print Shop 15 is installed on a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
1. Print Shop 15 was originally designed for only these Operating Systems: Windows 2000 / 95 / 98 / XP
So, there is no guarantee that Print Shop 15 is completely compatible with any newer Operating System, including Windows 7. And, since Print Shop 15 was discontinued many years ago, there will be no patches for Print Shop 15.
2. The Print Shop 15 online options are no longer accessible.
Print Shop 15 Online Options include the following:
* 'More Projects' tab of the Project Gallery
* 'More Art & Photos' tab of the Art Gallery
* 'Professional Printing' option in the 'File' menu and in 'Finish Project'.
If any attempt is made to access either the 'More Projects' tab of the Project Gallery or the 'More Art & Photos' tab of the Art Gallery, a 'Please Select User' window will appear. The only way to get rid of that window would be to click on the red X in the upper right hand corner of the window. Then, a message will appear which says, "To access The Print Shop Deluxe 15 Online galleries you must have a valid account at Broderbund.com. Please register with Broderbund.com". To get rid of that message, it is necessary to click on either the 'All Projects' tab if you are on the Project Gallery or on the 'All Art & Photos' tab if you are on the Art Gallery. And, as long as you never click on the 'More Projects tab of the Project Gallery or the 'More Art & Photos' tab of the Art Gallery, you should never have to deal with those messages again.
3. Print Shop 15 can be registered. However, since registration was originally required only for the purpose of accessing online images, it is not necessary to register Print Shop 15 - because it is no longer possible to access the online images.
A few more thoughts about installing Print Shop 15 on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
1. It is not possible to use the Save As PDF option – because the version of the Broderbund PDF Converter which is installed with Print Shop 15 is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. So, when Print Shop 15 is installed on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, the following error will be displayed:
"Windows can’t install the the Amyuni Document Converter"
Since the Amyuni Document Converter is the Broderbund PDF Converter which is installed with Print Shop 15, the only way to create PDF documents with Print Shop 15 on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 would be to download and install an alternate PDF converter, as is described in this pinned item
2. There are two options for installing the Art Discs.
a. If you select the Full install option for Print Shop 15, after the installation is complete, you will be asked if you want to install the Art Discs. If you say Yes, the Art Disc installation will start.
b. If you choose to not install the Art Discs at the same time that Print Shop 15 is installed, you can, at any time, go to the Start menu, find the The Print Shop folder, then click on 'Install Art Discs'.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.