Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CD/DVD COVER

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> CD/DVD COVER Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 9:48:54 AM   
katz089

how do I create a CD cover from scratch. All I seem to be able to access are ready made templates. I want to design my own
Post #: 1
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 10:16:14 AM   
ellengard

Under SELECT A PROJECT TYPE, choose Labels, CD and DVD, _Blank CD DVD.

(in reply to katz089)
Post #: 2
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 8:50:58 PM   
katz089

I went into project type and choose label sheets but it did not bring up any cd/dvd options and when I choose cd/dvd as my project type it only displays ready made templates there is no blank dvd to select. The closest thing I can find is the client template but it will not let you format a photo over the entire surface area.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 9:24:25 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi katz089,

Since you posted in the PrintMaster 2.0 forum, the reply that ellengard posted above was related to PrintMaster 2.0.

However, since there are no Label Sheet projects in any version of PrintMaster, I suspect that you are actually asking about Print Shop.

Please post back here and tell us exactly which product you are asking about. And, please be sure to give the version number.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to katz089)
Post #: 4
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 9:37:47 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: katz089
...label sheets ... the client template ... format a photo over the entire surface area

Yeah, I see it - you are definitely using the Print Shop 2.0.

I was able to fill the label with an image. Is this what you are trying to do?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/8/2010 10:14:13 PM >

(in reply to katz089)
Post #: 5
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/8/2010 9:57:19 PM   
ellengard

There is no "blank" CD template in PShop2.0. There are only templates that you can customize. Normally, I would select any CD template then delete all the design elements and expect to see dotted lines (non-printing) to show me where to place my own designs. Unfortunately with this program, if you delete all, you are left with a totally blank page and no way to tell where your design elements should go!

(in reply to katz089)
Post #: 6
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/10/2010 2:59:37 PM   
katz089

Yes, I'm sorry I thought I had posted in Print Shop. I finally figured it out anyway. It certainly wasn't exactly user friendly. I still think there ought to be a blank CD to choose instead you have to completely alter ready made templates. Thanks for your help

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 7
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/10/2010 3:03:38 PM   
katz089

Thank you so much for your help. I have finally been successful in designing the cover I needed to make. I wish it was a little more user friendly. Dotted lines would definitely be helpful.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: CD/DVD COVER - 7/10/2010 6:49:37 PM   
ellengard

I've made my own template which makes things easier. By adding this GIF to a blank page and sizing it to full page, I add my design elements to cover all the black.

(Trying to cover the elements on an existing CD template, I would accidentally move those underlying elements and that would mess up the positioning.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to katz089)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> CD/DVD COVER Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4