Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing a banner

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printing a banner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing a banner - 3/5/2013 5:02:56 PM   
brmleft13

I'm creating a banner and have not been able to see the entire banner in "print preview" or print the entire banner. It only shows the first page, which is all it prints. What do I need to do to see the entire banner in "print preview" and print the entire banner?
Post #: 1
RE: Printing a banner - 3/5/2013 9:09:26 PM   
ellengard

The banner project is buggy. Only the default 4 sheet banner works. It prints fine even though the print preview does not display properly.

If you have a good PDF writer, print to it and view the resulting PDF. That way you can see the four sheets and be assured that printing it will turn out OK.

The Save as PDF in the Home tab, does not work for banners.

(in reply to brmleft13)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing a banner - 10/31/2013 2:25:30 PM   
Mel1841

That is really sad to read. I bought PS 3.5 last night after excavating a very old dot-matrix printer and a box of fan-fold paper, then buying (and paying for overnight shipping) an ink cartridge. I found what brmleft13 found, IT DOESN'T PRINT BANNERS. Four sheets of letter-sized paper is not a banner! Can someone recommend a different program closer to the PrintShop that I used twenty years ago? Or maybe a work-around.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing a banner - 10/31/2013 3:32:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mel1841
...Can someone recommend a different program closer to the PrintShop that I used twenty years ago?

The Print Shop 23.1 is Win7 compatible and is the last version of its kind that you are familiar with. I don't know if a dot matrix printer is compatible with either the program or Win7.

(in reply to Mel1841)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing a banner - 10/31/2013 3:41:04 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mel1841
... Or maybe a work-around.

How about a multi-page newsletter project? You could add one big letter per page to spell out your message.

(in reply to Mel1841)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing a banner - 10/31/2013 7:03:05 PM   
Mel1841

Ellen,
Thanks for thinking about it. I thought about it also. I recalled the MS Publisher could do banners. We have 17 copies of MS Office XP around the office both V.2002 and v.2003. I just looked through the installation CDs until i found one that had Publisher. It wasn't installed on the matching computer, but that was quickly done. It too prints a banner one-page-at-a-time to be taped together,but just setting the "overlap" to zero (after installing the driver for the ancient printer) and set the printer preferences correctly, I was in business. Thanks for your time!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Printing a banner - 10/31/2013 7:42:06 PM   
ellengard

I'm glad you found a way to get your banner done. Publisher is a good program. Kudos for getting the dot matrix printer to work. I've got a couple of printers that have never broken down, but became obsolete when I replaced Win XP with Win7.

(in reply to Mel1841)
Post #: 7
RE: Printing a banner - 9/11/2023 6:38:44 AM   
chunmin89

I adore that you informed me about this article since I think it's amazing. That is exactly what I was hoping to discover, and I sincerely hope you will continue to share such excellent stuff in the years to come. five nights at freddy's

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printing a banner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4