Joined: 12/14/2005 From: Hayward, CA Status: offline
When you contact technical support, as part of the troubleshooting process, sometimes we will walk you through the process of working with hidden files and folders. If you are asked by our support representatives to work with these hidden files and folders on Windows 10, please do the following to enable this feature:
1. Click on the Start Button at the bottom left of the screen and click "File Explorer"
2. On that screen you will see File, Home, Share and View. Click on the View tab. When you click on the View tab, a button on the top right says "Options". Click on that button.
3. Under the Folder Options Dialog box click on the "View Tab"
4. Under Advanced Settings, click on "Show hidden files and folders" and click on Apply
5. Click OK. The hidden files and folders should be visible now. Continue to follow the directions our technical support staff give you and navigate to the folders as required in the support email.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.