Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/18/2019 5:03:47 PM   
4BetterUse2

Attn: lindarobin, Thank you for your response to my earlier post on this issue. However, I tried to follow your suggestion and even reviewed tutorial. When I created a ne project and it opened a black sheet. I copy and pasted your comment. Yet could not move text with the cursor on lines 2,3 etc. I even added a text box following the tutorial. However, when I pasted your response in the text. It created a ne text box in the middle of the added text box. I am still at a loss.
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/18/2019 9:36:08 PM   
lindarobin

I am not clear on what you mean by not being able to move text with the cursor. Move it how? By adding spaces? Do you want to add a blank line?

Can you click inside line 2 and start typing new text? Can you select the pasted text and change the font color, size, and font family?

Before you start trying to edit the pasted text, make sure your text box is big enough to accommodate its contents. Stretch out the text box. A too small text box will display and act weirdly.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/18/2019 9:49:23 PM >

(in reply to 4BetterUse2)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/18/2019 10:15:45 PM   
lindarobin

Only when you have the blinking cursor in the text box, the program will paste text into that text box. Otherwise, a new text box will be automatically created for the pasted text.

I don't know what you mean when you say you want to move the text with the cursor. However, if you mean you want to move the text box, click once outside the text box to let the program know you are no longer editing the contents. Then hover over the box so you see the four pointed arrow. Click and drag the box to a new position.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/18/2019 10:24:35 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 7:23:39 AM   
4BetterUse2

Sorry about the confusion. Hopefully this will explain better. I stated with selecting create blank project. I set it for Landscape 8.5 X 11 Following the tutorial I added a text box and opened it to a size of 5.5 X 8.5 I then copied your response and pasted it in the text box. As you suggested on your second response I saw the blinking cursor on thee top line and was able to space the line to the right. I placed my cursor on line 2 and when I saw it also blinking I could not space the line to the right. The cursor jumped to the end on line one and was blinking. I placed the cursor back in front of line 2 and when it was blinking I could tab it to the right. I place the cursor on line 3 and once blinking I tried to space the line to the right and it seemed to shift the whole text seemed to reposition closer to the left edge of text box and cursor disappeared. I started a new project and copied and passed your response in the new project and it opened in a smaller box which I could expand to a full text box. Yet I could not edit this any different then I had mentioned above in my previous efforts. So, I uninstalled the whole program and have asked for a new downloadable email to install anew to see if this may work as you describe.

I appreciate your patience and responses. It looks like your a night person based on your responses.

blessings.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 1:46:12 PM   
lindarobin

I am baffled by what you are trying to do. It sounds like you are shifting things around to make text appear as if in columns? If so, you are going about it as if you are using an old fashioned typewriter, rather than a word processing app.

To make columns of data, you would use a table.

Post #: 5
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 2:31:42 PM   
4BetterUse2

lindarobin, thank you for your response and comments. my project is a wedding booklet which I had created once on the old version of Print Shop that is no longer compatible in the newer version. This is my issue.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 2:42:36 PM   
lindarobin

This is helpful to know what the goal is. Are you trying to layout the text for the wedding program? Something like this?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/19/2019 2:56:51 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 2:58:34 PM   
4BetterUse2

Yes, that is what I am wanting to do. Thanks for your understanding.

Blessings

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 8
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 3:25:55 PM   
lindarobin

Good, now we're getting somewhere.

You don't want to dump all your text into one text box. You will need several - one at the top, one at the bottom and two in the middle. (I'm looking at the right half of the image I posted.)

Each text box is formatted accordingly - center justified, right or left justified. Use the formatting tools never the space bar!

Copy/paste the bits of text that should go in each box. Or it may be easier to just type what should go into each box.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/19/2019 3:28:37 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 3:35:26 PM   
4BetterUse2

lindarobin, it's good to hear and see that you understand what I am trying to do. Thank you for the very helpful insights and directions.

I will work with this and not bother you any more.

blessings,

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 10
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/19/2019 3:55:07 PM   
lindarobin

It's not a bother. I am very happy to help. Love weddings! I've done many invitations, save-the-date cards, etc. for clients. You can see examples of designs I made with The Print Shop to demonstrate how well suited this program is for things like that.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=53994

Please post back with any more questions you may have. Let us know how your project is going.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/19/2019 3:59:04 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text - 7/21/2019 12:42:10 AM   
ellengard

There is a Print Shop blog article that just got published about making a wedding programme:
http://www.printshop.com/blog/2019/7/20/text-box-layout-wedding-programme-demo.aspx

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Print Shop 5 Deluxe- managing imported text Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4