Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Reinstall PM8 on Win 10 - DELETE StoryRock folder

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Reinstall PM8 on Win 10 - DELETE StoryRock folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinstall PM8 on Win 10 - DELETE StoryRock folder - 3/1/2021 4:06:50 PM   
nonnox15

I had some trouble with my Dell Laptop and Dell recommended reinstalling the windows OS
I didn't get my hard drive backed up. So I had to reinstall my programs from disc.
When I reinstalled Printmaster v8, and tried to make a project I get a message that there is not enough room on the hard drive.
I have over 500 GB free on my 1 TB hard drive.
I have reinstalled Printmaster v8.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Printmaster v8
Still it says I don't have enough room on my Hard Drive.
I have added a screen shot of the message.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/7/2021 4:59:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/1/2021 4:59:27 PM   
nonnox15

Wouldn't accept my screen shot. First I had png format and then it said my jpg was too large.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 2
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/1/2021 6:49:49 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15...
When I reinstalled Printmaster v8, and tried to make a project I get a message that there is not enough room on the hard drive.

Someone else had this problem recently. He had not disabled anti-virus program when installing Printmaster which resulted in a corrupted installation.

Try installing with anti-virus disabled for the duration of the installation process.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 3
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/2/2021 11:08:52 AM   
nonnox15

I turned off my virus app, Windows Defender and reinstalled Printmaster. Still same results.
I uninstalled Printmaster, restarted my laptop.
Reinstalled Printmaster. Same results.
What other suggestions can you give?
Thank you

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/2/2021 1:48:00 PM   
lindarobin

Over a year ago, you were having similar problems because PM 8 stopped working after Win 10 went through so many updates. The Win 10 compatible versions are PM 2019 and PM 2020.

So unfortunately there is no way to make PM8 compatible with Win 10 unless you go back to a particular earlier version of Win 10.

As you mentioned back then, you would have to find a newer software to make cards. I agree with you.

I googled for free card-making software for Win 10, and got lots of hits. Even Microsoft offers a free card-making app. As they are free, I suspect they have limited features.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 5
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/2/2021 3:59:27 PM   
nonnox15

mmmmmmmmm
This puts me in a quandary.
I am pushing 3/4 of a century and my memory is what it used to be.
I bought this Dell a year ago, (January 2020, I think.)
Before that I had a HP and I do remember having some problems with PrintMaster.
I don't know what I did to fix it, BUT, I have been using PrintMaster8 for over two years.
I know I had problems printing envelopes but I think there was an update that fixed that.
Now that I have had to reload all of my programs from disk, it may not have the updates needed.
I hope I can resolve this.
I have been using PrintMaster ever since my first one I purchased was PrintMaster Gold. Then I went to PrintMaster Platinum. Then v12 and v18.
I have usually been satisfied with the upgrade UNTIL v6. I had some problems with it. So I got v8. I learned to use it and there are some things I missed from v18, but I did very much like the custom background feature. I was offered a free download for v9 (2019 I think) but didn't care for it I make a lot of greeting cards for my children and grandchildren. I like the feature where each page is made individually.
So, now I am back to not having my v8. My v18 still will work, even though I guess it shouldn't considering the age and Windows upgrade. The thing I don't like about computer upgrades is, my older programs sometimes don't work. I guess that is on purpose so that people will buy the new programs.
Is there a difference between version 64 and 86. Both are on the disk and I tried both and there doesn't seem to be a difference.
I appreciate you help and suggestion.
Like you said, if you get a free software, there are probably not as good or as many features. The only exception I find to that is, I use LibreOffice instead of Microsoft Office because I can't afford to "rent" Microsoft Office or buy the new version every time a new one is published.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/2/2021 4:01:39 PM   
nonnox15

I still have 2007 that I use occasionally.
If you come across any solution to my v8 problem, (without buying a new program or using a freebie) please let me know.
Thank you so very much.
You help has been greatly appreciated.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 7
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/2/2021 7:32:52 PM   
nonnox15

I updated v8 after I installed it to 8.01 but got the same results.
I don't understand why it worked well before the issue with my computer, but since reinstalling the OS and loading v8 from the disk, it doesn't work.
It is working well on my HP which has the same version of Windows 10 and v8

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 8
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/3/2021 9:23:40 AM   
nonnox15

I have updated PM8 to version 8.0.1.193
Can you or anyone tell me why PM8 was working fine until I reinstalled Windows 10 and lost all my programs and had to reinstall all my programs from disks.
PM8 works well on my old laptop HP, with the same windows 10 OS.
I guess I'll have to go back to using my HP if I can't get PM8 to work on my Dell.
Really irritating!

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 9
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/3/2021 5:59:58 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15
PM8 works well on my old laptop HP, with the same windows 10 OS.
I guess I'll have to go back to using my HP if I can't get PM8 to work on my Dell.

It's good that you do have that option.

I have the same situation where a program that works on my husband's Win7 PC, will not work on my Win 7 PC. There is no answer as to why unless one is willing to have the computer properly diagnosed in person, by a qualified techie.

There is nothing wrong with the PM8 program. It was made to work on Win 7. Kudos to your HP for being able run it anyway. You need a techie to modify your Dell to emulate your HP. That is outside the scope of this forum.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 10
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/4/2021 7:56:53 AM   
nonnox15

Thank you for you assistance and recommendation.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 11
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/6/2021 11:42:12 AM   
JasonC

I really wish I had a good answer to your solution.

When you uninstall PM V8, There is a folder left behind in C:\Users\Public called Story Rock. After you uninstall PM V8, you should delete the Story Rock folder and then attempt to install PM V8 again on Windows 10.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 12
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/7/2021 11:53:44 AM   
nonnox15

Thank you JasonC.
It worked.
After reading your reply I remembered doing that previously.
I'll try to remember if I have a similar problem again.
Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
I do greatly appreciate it.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 13
RE: Insufficient space on hard drive - 3/7/2021 5:26:29 PM   
lindarobin

I have pinned this thread and changed the subject to Reinstall PM8 on Win 10 - DELETE StoryRock folder so that in the future, it is easy for you to find.

This thread is now locked.

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Reinstall PM8 on Win 10 - DELETE StoryRock folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4