Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

made a cool background

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> made a cool background Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
made a cool background - 4/24/2005 12:21:04 AM   
lindarobin

This is my latest scrapbook page. The background was created in the PhotoWorkshop using the "Old Photo" transparent effect on a black square. I embossed it, darkened and tinted it dark blue to get this rough, scratched textured background.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: made a cool background - 5/13/2005 2:26:08 PM   
fredomoftruth

what do you mean by "embossed it"?

summer peterson

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 2
RE: made a cool background - 5/13/2005 6:10:05 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: fredomoftruth

what do you mean by "embossed it"?

There is an embossing filter in the PhotoWorkshop's Photo Effects... Artistic.

(in reply to fredomoftruth)
Post #: 3
RE: made a cool background - 6/24/2005 11:25:44 AM   
cooltick95

What a great layout! I would have never found this site if it weren't for my problems with printing. Anyway...I can't find the "Old Photo" transparent effect. Does the photo need to be a bitmap? Thanks for sharing your work.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: made a cool background - 6/24/2005 7:01:09 PM   
lindarobin

You can apply the old photo effect to any image. It does not have to be a bitmap. (I used a square made with the drawing tools.) Highlight your image, click Photo Tools, Special Effects & Edges, then click the tab, "Special Edges" and scroll to Old Photo.

I didn't describe ALL of the steps I took to create the above background because it's rather lengthy. I'll just add that the PhotoWorkshop only works with rastor images (BMP, JPG, TIF, etc.) so I had to export my square as a JPG, then add it back into the workspace so that I could apply photo effects to it. e.g. emboss, colourize, tint, etc.

Thanks for your compliments! I love making digital scrapbook pages and this is the program that really got me going. If you buy the magazine, "Simple Scrapbooks", in the coming Nov/Dec issue, you will see a layout I made with Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer. In fact, I used the Old Photo effect on this layout!

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/24/2005 7:11:59 PM >

(in reply to cooltick95)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> made a cool background Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4