Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

rezising graphics with white tabs...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> rezising graphics with white tabs... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
rezising graphics with white tabs... - 6/23/2005 8:23:42 AM   
terimulcahy

I have a question regarding sizing graphics that have white tabs rather than the standard black tabs. I am unable to grab the "white" tabs to resize the graphic. Most of the graphics have the standard "black" tabs - Does anyone know what these "white" tabs are and can they be resized. I can not find anything in my book or on the "help" about them.

teri mulcahy
Post #: 1
RE: rezising graphics with white tabs... - 6/23/2005 10:35:09 PM   
Midge

Hi again Teri,

In my tests, I found that if I open the PrintMaster or Print Shop Art Gallery, click on the All Art & Photos tab, click on the down arrow next to the Select Type of Graphic box, then select Compuserve Graphics Interchange (*.gif) in that box, any *.gif graphic that I select will have white tabs (grab handles). And, I will not be able to resize the graphic in PrintMaster or Print Shop.

But, if I Copy the graphic, Paste it into a non-Broderbund program (like MSWord), Copy the graphic again in the non-Broderbund program, Paste it back into PrintMaster or Print Shop, it will then have black tabs (grab handles) and can be resized.

So, it looks like the *.gif graphic images that are built into PrintMaster and Print Shop cannot be immediately resized after being inserted from the Art Gallery. So far, I have not experienced this problems with *.gif graphics that I Open From Disk into either PrintMaster or Print Shop.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/4/2009 11:06:35 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule
Post #: 2
RE: rezising graphics with white tabs... - 6/24/2005 7:54:11 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midge

... the PrintMaster or Print Shop Art Gallery... any *.gif graphic that I select will have white tabs (grab handles). And, I will not be able to resize the graphic in PrintMaster or Print Shop.

I think the majority of GIF images in the art gallery are intended for web pages and as such, they are quite small (low resolution). To resize them in any of the print projects MAY result in very jaggy, pixelated printed images.

Perhaps it was the intention of the program designers to not allow for resizing of these particular GIFs? Or maybe it is a bug

For Teri, if you can find a suitable vector graphic from the art gallery, you can resize that without losing quality.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/24/2005 7:58:09 PM >

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 3
RE: rezising graphics with white tabs... - 6/28/2005 9:55:12 AM   
terimulcahy

Wow! Thanks, I will try that! I appreciate your help!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> rezising graphics with white tabs... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4