Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

User Guide

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> User Guide Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User Guide - 10/23/2015 7:21:12 PM   
Coquitlam

I have just purchased Print Shop Professional 4.0 to be used on Windows 10. I have had two previous and older versions of Print Shop and have a lot of fun using them. I have spent about 10 hours trying to figure out how to do a 4 fold card out of 8. by 11.0 paper. I could do this on the older versions. So the card would be 4.25 by 5.5 inches when folded. Does anyone know how to do this on PS 4.0 The closest I have found uses three sheets of paper of which you waste at least one to two sheets and still do not have a folded card.
Post #: 1
RE: User Guide - 10/23/2015 8:28:43 PM   
ellengard

Both of my quarter-fold cards printed correctly, one made from Create Blank Project and one from the Ready-Made templates. Some time ago, someone mentioned that choosing Page Range of "All" vs "1-3" made a difference. I tried both ways and my card printed correctly, but you may want to try "1-3" instead of "All" (or vice-versa).

Another possibility is that you need an updated printer driver. Check for a Win10 compatible driver for your printer model.

An alternate method of getting your quarter-fold card done: Save As PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader and print from that app. Likewise, Save As JPG works, too. It can be printed "full page" from Windows Print app.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 10/23/2015 9:20:29 PM >

(in reply to Coquitlam)
Post #: 2
RE: User Guide - 10/23/2015 9:10:51 PM   
ellengard

If you printed from the Print dialog box, try this alternative. Click Print Preview. You should see the 4 quadrants displayed on the sheet. Click Print from within the Print Preview window.

Somewhere amongst these thousands of forum posts, someone had successful results doing this in a older version of the program. It may work for you. However, with millions of people upgrading to Win10, I tend towards believing it's a printer driver compatibility issue.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/23/2015 9:14:04 PM >

(in reply to Coquitlam)
Post #: 3
RE: User Guide - 10/23/2015 10:30:46 PM   
Coquitlam

Thanks, However I should have been more clear. I am not yet figured out how to position the inside message so that when the card is folded there is a pic on the front and when you open up the card there is the message or in this case the invitation details.

(in reply to Coquitlam)
Post #: 4
RE: User Guide - 10/23/2015 11:30:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coquitlam
... how to position the inside message so that when the card is folded there is a pic on the front and when you open up the card there is the message or in this case the invitation details.

It sounds like you are using a template that is not a quarter-fold card template. Open a Ready-Made quarter-fold card template. The design will make it obvious where to place pictures and text. Delete objects and replace with your own photos or with art from the Clip Art gallery.

Here is a screen capture that shows how to filter the projects to display just quarter-fold side-fold cards, as an example.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/23/2015 11:37:30 PM >

(in reply to Coquitlam)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> User Guide Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4