Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

[Deleted]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> [Deleted] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Deleted] - 7/27/2011 10:37:00 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]
  Post #: 1
RE: Printer not activated error code 20 - 7/27/2011 11:50:51 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi Hippodrome,

That problem is known to happen with 64-bit Operating Systems. However, based on the last message you posted about Print Shop 23.1 here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41562&mpage=1&key=ꉚ

you are not using a 64-bit Operating System.

The recommended fix for the 'Printer not activated' problem can be found by clicking on the link below

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1052&product_id=2647

However, if you were able to successfully use the Save As PDF option previously with Print Shop 23.1, but cannot do so now, that would indicate that you have recently installed a different Broderbund/Encore program which also installs a PDF driver. And, the PDF driver which was installed by that Broderbund/Encore program is not compatible with Print Shop 23.1. In that case, the easiest solution is to install an alternate PDF driver then 'Print to PDF' instead of 'Save as PDF', as is described in this FAQ

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40318&mpage=1&key=鵾

because if you are using two different Broderbund/Encore programs which install different PDF drivers, it will never be possible to use Save As PDF with both of those programs.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 7/28/2011 5:43:30 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Brandy redux)
  Post #: 3
RE: Printer not activated error code 20 - 7/28/2011 10:47:00 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi Hippodrome,

The problem you are experiencing is not being caused by Adobe - because Adobe is only a PDF Reader and your problem is being caused by the PDF driver which is installed with Print Shop.

The most important point to keep in mind is that, as can be seen in your previous post here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41562&mpage=1&key=%EA%89%9A

you have both Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1 installed on your computer.

Since both Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1 install different versions of the PDF driver, the logical conclusion is that you will never be able to use the Save as PDF option with both Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1. However, that fact has never been proven - because since there is so very little difference between Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1, I have never had both versions installed on the same computer at the same time.

So, if you decide to keep both Print Shop 23 and Print Shop 23.1 installed on your computer at the same time, you will definitely need to use CutePDF Writer with one of those versions. And, I have to wonder if you might be experiencing the problem because you tried to create the PDF file with Print Shop 23 instead of Print Shop 23.1.

If you ever decide to reinstall Print Shop, you might want to make sure that you install ONLY Print Shop 23.1 - because the PDF driver that installs with Print Shop 23.1 is said to be more compatible with Windows 7 than is the PDF driver which installs with Print Shop 23.

For More Help:

Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 7/31/2011 9:50:19 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Brandy redux)
  Post #: 5
RE: Printer not activated error code 20 - 7/31/2011 11:17:20 AM   
Brandy redux

You are Very Welcome Hippodrome,

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know how you fixed your problem.

For More Help:

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> [Deleted] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4