Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

cannot access guide lines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> cannot access guide lines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot access guide lines - 2/4/2015 7:27:55 AM   
swilks

I cannot add guide lines to my bland 8 1/2 x 11 project. On the project tab I am missing the "insert" and "save" options. My only options are "Show Templates" and "Clear." Please help me asap. I cannot use this product without guidelines!
Post #: 1
RE: cannot access guide lines - 2/4/2015 9:33:54 AM   
ellengard

Guides seem to be a rather basic feature to be left out, but unfortunately, they are not available in Standard nor Deluxe versions of The Print Shop 3.5.

I get around this by using empty text boxes which I then lock so I don't keep activating or moving them accidentally. They act just like non-printing guides so you don't have to remove them when you're done your project (although you can, after unlocking them).

Tip: Add text box, size and move into place. Click out of the text box, then click inside the text box to activate the lock mechanism. It's a little padlock in the top right of the text box. Click on it to "close" the lock. Click on it again to "open" it.

(in reply to swilks)
Post #: 2
RE: cannot access guide lines - 2/4/2015 9:46:03 AM   
ellengard

There are some ready-made guides available in the Deluxe version. I thought I was missing them because I didn't see many choices when I clicked on "Show Template". Then I realized the ready-made guides are matched with the project type I am working on. So if you choose a BROCHURE project, you are offered brochure appropriate templates. Similarly with NEWSLETTER... a different set of applicable templates.

(in reply to swilks)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> cannot access guide lines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4