Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/4/2015 5:28:14 PM   
poet4u

Hi

I just want to make 3 bookmarks on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper landscape position. I also want them to be double-sided to say different things. I have really read and looked the program over and have hit a dead end. Can anyone help? Many thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/4/2015 7:06:49 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: poet4u
I just want to make 3 bookmarks on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper landscape position.

Yes, very doable.

quote:

I also want them to be double-sided to say different things.

Double-sided is also doable. "say different things" Your meaning is unclear. You want three completely different bookmarks OR three bookmarks exactly the same, but the back is different from the front?

(in reply to poet4u)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/4/2015 7:47:18 PM   
poet4u

Hi

Thanks. I want 3 bookmarks that are exactly the same. I am pretty savvy and feel funny asking but can you at least get me going in the correct direction on this project? I have read some though usually I can figure out a program pretty fast. This one does not seem as user friendly as I expected. Thanks :O)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/4/2015 8:21:50 PM   
ellengard

There are two different approaches:

#1:
Create from Scratch a new Sign project, landscape orientation. Add guides lines to split the page into three equal sections. Design your bookmark in one section. Select all and group. Copy and paste the group into the other two sections. Insert a new page. Design the backside of the bookmark. Repeat the process of grouping and copying. This is your double-sided bookmark.

#2:
A label project will automatically duplicate your design to fill the page. If you not are experienced with making custom labels, this method has a high learning curve. Labels do not recognize "double-sidedness". You create a second label project as a workaround.

(in reply to poet4u)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/4/2015 8:31:44 PM   
ellengard

Here is a screen capture of my print preview for my custom label project, width 3.66" height 8.5" no gaps, margins 0,0,0,0.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to poet4u)
Post #: 5
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/5/2015 1:49:10 AM   
poet4u

Thank you,

I decided to use number one because of the learning curve. It is so far working out. When I go to print i have to scale to fit otherwise it is too big for the bookmark. When I printed it out that way it fit fine. Thanks for showing me the example. Your example it really wonderful. I will be in touch if I need more help. You have been wonderful. Thanks so much. Any suggestions are welcome.
PS I have a mac and I want to use the program also on my friends PC running windows 7.I have created what you suggested on my mac but want to save it and finish it on her PC. Suggestions. I did save it through Printmaster as a JPEG and sent it to her. Will it open if I install Printmaster on her PC?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 - 3/5/2015 10:59:30 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: poet4u

Thank you,
...When I go to print i have to scale to fit otherwise it is too big for the bookmark.

If your printer can do borderless on the type of paper you have selected, you can zero out the margins in the print/page setup.

quote:

I have a mac and I want to use the program also on my friends PC running windows 7.I have created what you suggested on my mac but want to save it and finish it on her PC. Suggestions. I did save it through Printmaster as a JPEG and sent it to her. Will it open if I install Printmaster on her PC?

Any JPG will open on her PC. JPG is an universal format and can be opened with any program that accepts graphics.

I have never tried it, but I do believe that any project you create with PM6.0 on your Mac will open fine on PC with PM6.0 installed. However... PrintMaster 6.0 does not save a project file (well, it does, but it contains no images); it saves a project FOLDER (you can find these folders in a parent folder called PrintMaster Projects) You will have to copy the project folder and transfer it to the PC.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/5/2015 2:34:42 PM >

(in reply to poet4u)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Two Sided and 3 across on 8/12x11 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4