Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop Professional V4.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Print Shop Professional V4.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop Professional V4.0 - 5/17/2018 6:18:20 PM   
Sharon Halliday

I don't believe there is a way to add radiant glows and other features available from older versions of Print Shop. I have no choice but to use V4.0, as the older versions do not work properly with Windows 10. I also have difficulty opening projects created with older versions of Print Shop. I need to have access to older projects.

I am not satisfied with the lack of extra enhancements in V4.0 as were provided in older versions.

Have you had this complaint before? If so, maybe a newer version will come out that has all the old graphic altering options, as well as the newer options.

Thank you for any feedback.
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop Professional V4.0 - 5/18/2018 12:19:46 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sharon Halliday
I don't believe there is a way to add radiant glows and other features available from older versions of Print Shop.

That's true. The current version has some special effects, but not the same ones in version 23 and older. However, even though I have the older version running on an older computer, I do almost all my photo-editing/special effects in a stand-alone photo-editing program. There are several free programs available from the internet. Photo-editing specific programs have a much larger array of tools for that purpose. They don't offer page layout features such as label or brochure making, and that's where Print Shop comes in.

I do desktop publishing for clients and to do the job well requires an assortment of tools i.e. programs. No one program can do it all. Having Print Shop is a part of my creative toolbox.

quote:

... I also have difficulty opening projects created with older versions of Print Shop. I need to have access to older projects.

The conversion process is not 100% effective with all projects, but this post has more information and some work-around solutions:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

(in reply to Sharon Halliday)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop Professional V4.0 - 5/18/2018 7:28:55 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I need to have access to older projects.

Do you have an older computer to run the old program? If not, and you have a particular project that won't open, you can send it to me and I will create a file you can use in 4.0.

(in reply to Sharon Halliday)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Print Shop Professional V4.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4