Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

postcards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> postcards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
postcards - 5/28/2013 3:49:39 PM   
AMHS

I have read the previous post and if I am understanding correctly...the only way to make a landscape postcard is to do it in Portrait and then move it all around? This seems ludicrous for a program that is supposed to be newer. I have Printshop 23 but the postcards get cut off. I need Real Estate postcards to all print the same thing so I need the 4 at a time. Is the process stated in Hollys note to you the only way to get to 4 postcards at a time?
Post #: 1
RE: postcards - 5/28/2013 4:41:36 PM   
ellengard

There was a time when some landscape projects did not print correctly. Currently, I have no problems printing 4 postcards on one sheet, landscape orientation.

Create a custom postcard template, landscape, 2 rows, 2 columns, width=5.5, height=4.25. (letter size stock with zero gaps will give you these dimensions)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/28/2013 9:09:18 AM >

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 2
RE: postcards - 5/28/2013 5:04:24 PM   
AMHS

Thank you for your information! Can you use the already created postcard templates and put your own pictures etc. in them, to do 4 at a time? I haven't been able to do this unless I start from scratch. Do you know how to do that?

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 3
RE: postcards - 5/28/2013 6:41:38 PM   
ellengard

Choose a ready-made postcard project.
On the menu bar, click Project. This allows you to change your paper stock.
Click drop down arrows, select your 4-up custom postcard template, select landscape.
Adjust the design to fit the new template and add your own images/text.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/28/2013 6:42:20 PM >

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 4
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 10:16:48 AM   
AMHS

Thanks for your help. Ok so I did just as you said, the problem is now it is still in portrait shape even though it says landscape. I dont know how to explain it other than everything fits but it all needs to turn sideways to print/fit correctly. That way all four fit on the page. other wise they over lap. Know what I mean? Do you know how to fix that without having to turn each item. Seems like there should be a way....landscape should do it automatically I would think.

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 5
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 10:28:59 AM   
AMHS

I think the problem is I can't find the "custom paper stock" page once I have chosen my ready made postcard, to put in the landscape measurements. I find it when I do a "create blank project", but not after I choose the ready made.
Also where did you find 4up_postcards to begin with. That was never a choice that I could find. Now it comes up but it never was a choice before I typed it in. Thanks!

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 6
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 10:37:10 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: AMHS
I think the problem is I can't find the "custom paper stock" page once I have chosen my ready made postcard, to put in the landscape measurements....
Also where did you find 4up_postcards to begin with.

I did not find 4up_postcards. I created a custom stock and named it that. I'll make a screen capture and post it later today.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/29/2013 10:53:00 AM >

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 7
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 12:00:04 PM   
AMHS

So instead of taking the ready made postcard I wanted I made a postcard from scratch by pasting and copying from the ready made, after I did the measurements I wanted...it still will not print landscape. I need it to print sideways. I am trying to print 4 postcards "width" wise not tall. It wants to print tall no matter what I do. Printshop 23 was soooo much easier, but my postcards keep getting cut off as they print. (They will print 4 in the right direction)

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 8
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 3:37:53 PM   
ellengard

There is an upload limit of 200 KB, so please excuse the jpg compression in order to put several screen captures together.

If your screens match mine, you should end up with postcards as shown in my print preview. If not, but you are certain you have done exactly what I've done, then I think the problem could be incompatibility with your printer. You may have to resort to portrait orientation like holly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 9
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 5:56:44 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I have Printshop 23 but the postcards get cut off.

I have v23 also. The Avery 3263 Post Card template gives me 4 identical cards. If yours get cut off, make sure you've minimized your margins. You may have to include a white margin in your design, if your printer has a large unprintable area on the trailing edge of the paper.

If you want to send me your PSproj file, I can convert it into a PDF with embedded fonts, 4 cards to a sheet. You can print it from Adobe Reader.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/29/2013 6:01:47 PM >

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 10
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 6:19:36 PM   
moonrise

quote:

... I have Printshop 23 but the postcards get cut off.

The post here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24686

offers 1) an explanation of why the problem occurs and 2) 5 commonly recommended methods for working around this problem.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 6:49:58 PM   
AMHS

I cannot believe it has to be this hard. I still cannot get it to go to landscape even in print preview...I don't believe it has anything to do with my printer. I appreciate your offer of sending you my picture but I need to get this right as I do 100's of postcards. I could not figure out how to send you my screen shot. I did it all like you said but still get the portrait. It says landscape. I even moved everything sideways. This is what I got from Encore Customer Support. For their solution. This is really ridiculous for a new program.

While creating and/or saving a project in landscape orientation, the project reverts to portrait format. Unfortunately the Print Shop 3.0 update has not corrected this issue. Currently we can only suggest the following solution.

Saving the project as a JPEG will allow you to print the project in the landscape orientation. If the project will need editing it must be saved as a Print Shop 3.0 project before saving it as a JPG. When saving the project as a JPG you can use the same file name as you used with the PS 3.0 project file. If you need to make changes on your project you will make the changes on the Print Shop project and save again as a JPG.
Sincerely,
Rae Lynn W.
Customer Service and Technical Support

I am working on my old version 23 but I sure liked all the new stuff on 3, Im just tired of it not working. Wish they could walk me through it on the phone!

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 12
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 6:51:42 PM   
AMHS

Moonrise, thanks for the help. I will do a couple of the suggestions on my old version 23. Will work on version 3 another day.

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 13
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 7:22:01 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I could not figure out how to send you my screen shot.

You can post your screen shot. Check the Embed picture in post and click the link "Click here to upload!"

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 14
RE: postcards - 5/29/2013 7:31:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I cannot believe it has to be this hard. I still cannot get it to go to landscape...

As your tech support reply says, this program has encountered problems when printing some projects in landscape orientation.

I believe the reason I can get 4 landscape postcards to print, is that my printer driver has better compatibility with 3.0.5. I also had problems when I used a different driver - that was back when I answered Holly. At that time, I had to do it in portrait orientation.

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 15
RE: postcards - 6/28/2013 8:52:14 AM   
vicki

I am so lost with this 3.0 print shop if I go out and purchase the up grade to print shop deluxe 21 will it give me the same features as the 20 & 21 with no problems? if so what is the correct one to buy I thought when I bought the 3.0 it was the same thing. trying to get these postcards done, either 2 or 4 makes no difference, it is very frustrating. are these programs returnable if they are so impossible to learn if you are not a computer person???

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 16
RE: postcards - 6/28/2013 10:32:12 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: vicki
... the up grade to print shop deluxe 21 will it give me the same features as the 20 & 21 with no problems?

version23.1 is the Win7 compatible upgrade and works the same as version 21.

quote:

are these programs returnable...

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

Version 3.0 is a different program, not an upgrade to 21. Knowing version 21 can actually make it harder to learn 3.0 because you expect to do things the same way.

Did you see this pinned thread for making postcards?
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=46773

(in reply to vicki)
Post #: 17
RE: postcards - 6/28/2013 11:02:10 AM   
vicki

thanks for your help but I have mailed back this 3.0 with my best wishes

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/28/2013 1:47:06 PM >

(in reply to AMHS)
Post #: 18
RE: postcards - 6/28/2013 11:38:49 AM   
ellengard

Sorry this program isn't what you want. I find the custom paper feature is simpler in 3.0 than 23.1 and older.

(in reply to vicki)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> postcards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4