Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printer Problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printer Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 1:08:44 PM   
fioskin

All of sudden today I have a problem printing a "sign" project -- in that I have in the past always had a screen offer the option of how many sheets high and wide I want to use to print the poster but now I don't get that screen at all. What do I do to restore it??????

Thank you,
Fred

(personal contact info removed to protect against spammers)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/5/2014 6:45:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 3:29:07 PM   
ellengard

Is this the screen you are talking about? (v3.0/3.5) If not, please state what version of Print Shop you are using and what operating system.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 2
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 3:55:31 PM   
fioskin

Yes, this would be the screen I'd like to get -- but I don't seem to have the "Output Size" button appearing in the initial print choice screen in which I select my printer and type of page (letter), etc. How do I get it??

I am running Print Shop 3.0 Professional. I'm using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus printer.

Thank You,
Fred Oskin

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:06:10 PM   
ellengard

I'm not sure, but I think this print feature is not available for 3.0 because I see on the Print Shop website that oversize printing is a new feature in 3.5.

Did you do oversize printing with 3.0? Or was it version 23 or older?

If you definitely remember an Output Size button on the 3.0 Print dialog box, then I'll have to refer you to tech support for a fix.

As a workaround, I would save as PDF then open it in Adobe Reader and use its poster printing features. It's similar - you rescale the page onto as many pages as desired.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 4
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:13:32 PM   
fioskin

I have been doing this for all the years I've been using Print Shop v. 3.0 and all of a sudden (It wasn't the button which you depicted in the printscreen sent earlier but it was another screen that opened up when I selected the printer.) it is not available! So, I'd very much appreciate your making it possible for me to get help from Tech Support. I had tried calling today but could not reach them -- so I'll be grateful for your enabling this to be done!

As to v. 3.5 I'd be willing to upgrade to it, just as I've gradually been upgrading my Print Shop product over the many years I've been using it -- Would you please send me information.

However, the project I'm doing now is one that I need to get done this week!

I will try to save it as a pdf in the meantime, as you have suggested -- I've never done that but I'll certainly give it a try.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:18:06 PM   
ellengard

I found this old thread from two years ago, back when I had version 3.0.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=45000
Seems we could not print multi-page signs with 3.0 except with the workaround. If memory serves me right, the 3.0 Save As PDF only goes as high as 150 dpi. I suggest using an alternate PDF writer that will save at higher dpi.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/5/2014 6:19:16 PM >

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 6
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:25:44 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: fioskin
I have been doing this for all the years I've been using Print Shop v. 3.0 and all of a sudden (It wasn't the button which you depicted in the printscreen sent earlier but it was another screen that opened up when I selected the printer.) it is not available!

So the option appears after you select your printer? That sounds like it's directly related to your printer. i.e. I am presented with different options depending on which of my printers I choose.

Have you changed your printer?

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 7
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:25:45 PM   
fioskin

Ellen,

I just tried to do it in Adobe Reader but after I saved the "sign" as a pdf file, when I opened it in Reader the entire document didn't appear in it and I tried but was unable to make this happen so while I see there is a poster printing feature, I do not know how to use it effectively.

If I send you the document would you be able to help me size it properly to open up in Reader?

Thank You,
Fred Oskin

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 8
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:29:22 PM   
fioskin

No I haven't changed my printer and I have already called HP but they said it wasn't a problem with the printer.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:29:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I'd very much appreciate your making it possible for me to get help from Tech Support.

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2826

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 10
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:30:51 PM   
fioskin

I do not have another pdf writer.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:32:31 PM   
ellengard

quote:

If I send you the document would you be able to help me size it properly to open up in Reader?

OK, I'll send you an email. You can reply with the attachment.

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 12
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:32:42 PM   
fioskin

I don't understand. What is this?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 13
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:39:58 PM   
fioskin

I see -- it is a form for Tech Support -- I very much appreciate it -- I've already filled it in and sent it!

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 14
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 6:40:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

As to v. 3.5 I'd be willing to upgrade to it, just as I've gradually been upgrading my Print Shop product over the many years I've been using it -- Would you please send me information.

http://www.printshop.com/newsletter-sign-up.aspx
If you sign up here, you'll get promo codes for big discounts. Although.... I keep getting discount offers and I never signed up - I think when I registered my product, that put me on the list.

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 15
RE: Printer Problem - 8/5/2014 7:01:09 PM   
ellengard

Check your email - the address you used when you registered on this forum.

(in reply to fioskin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printer Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4