Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Changing line & fill color on imported template

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Changing line & fill color on imported template Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/9/2015 4:55:04 PM   
CalicoCandy

I can't figure out how to change the line and/or fill color on an imported template. This was very simple on PM 18, but I don't see any way to do so on v.6. I am beginning to get the feeling that PM doesn't want me to use anything but their own clip art, graphics, templates, etc., and I am not happy about that. I am ready to remove this program from my computer and get something else.

Calico Candy
Post #: 1
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/9/2015 7:01:54 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: CalicoCandy
I am beginning to get the feeling that PM doesn't want me to use anything but their own clip art, graphics, templates, etc., and I am not happy about that.

Why would you think that? There is a Browse button within the ClipArt Gallery so that you can select ANY graphic stored on your computer.

You can also select any of your own graphics from the Add Photo button. It's not just for photos.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/9/2015 7:11:19 PM >

(in reply to CalicoCandy)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/9/2015 7:10:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I can't figure out how to change the line and/or fill color on an imported template.

There are many kinds of templates: cards, brochures, envelopes, etc. It is easy to change the color of a template. Just click the Background tab and choose a new background.

Perhaps you meant to say you are having trouble changing the color of graphics?

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/9/2015 7:15:05 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/9/2015 10:27:41 PM   
CalicoCandy

I know how to add my own clip art, but it is a lot more trouble than it was in PM 18. I can add my templates also, but cannot change the color of the line. Everything I do takes at least 3 more steps than PM18. It really slows down the process and can be very irritating.

CalicoCandy

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/10/2015 12:14:05 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I know how to add my own clip art, but it is a lot more trouble than it was in PM 18.

It takes me 2 clicks in PM18. (File> Open from Disk...) It takes me 2 clicks in PM6.0 (Photos tab, Add Photos button...) Is that a lot more trouble? No, it's just different.

Post #: 5
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/10/2015 12:26:19 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I can add my templates also, but cannot change the color of the line.

You are using the word template differently than how I understand it. There are ready-made templates for cards, labels, brochures, etc. There are also blank templates for all those projects, too. I can add lines to any template and change the color of any of those lines.

What are you talking about when you use the word "template"? Please upload a screen capture to show this line of your template.

Post #: 6
RE: Changing line & fill color on imported template - 3/10/2015 3:42:05 PM   
ellengard

Actually, adding your own clipart is even easier than ever. I just realized I can open up a folder of my own art via Windows Explorer, and simply click and drag my pictures directly onto the PrintMaster 6.0 project workspace.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Changing line & fill color on imported template Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4