Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 - 3/21/2016 9:11:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: nmattheis
Does anyone know of a good upgrade to PrintShop that would work? I still have 23.1 in my computer, but the Art Disk is getting to where my computer won't read it all the time.

There is no upgrade to The Print Shop version 23.1. It was the last of its kind. There is an all-new desktop publishing program with the brand name "The Print Shop" which originally debuted as The Print Shop 3.0.

3.0 was upgraded to 3.5 which was recently upgraded to 4.0.

There is an ability built into 4.0, to open some projects created in 23.1. Because The Print Shop 23.1 and The Print Shop 4.0 are essentially different programs, that ability is limited to simple projects. Please see this post for a quick review of this ability.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

(in reply to nmattheis)
Post #: 21
RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 - 3/21/2016 9:32:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: nmattheis
I tried to make a project, just to try it out, and the print is AWFUL.

Unfortunately, I can't see your project and review the original image resolution, so let's do a new test.

Open a ready-made project. Cover parts of the project with white-filled rectangles so that when you print this project, you conserve ink. Set your print to its best quality printing settings. Print. Please post back with the results.

Something like this should give you a good idea of the print quality of images and text.

Also, I'm assuming you bought 4.0 because you now have Win 10. So it is important that you install the latest Win 10 compatible driver for your model printer. An old printer driver may not communicate well with 4.0.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/21/2016 9:42:48 PM >

(in reply to nmattheis)
Post #: 22
RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 - 8/1/2018 6:16:38 AM   
DCriogrande

I have installed print shop 3.5 and I am having same problems converting files from print shop 21. my question is this, can existing 21 files be used on the 23 or 23.1 version. The older print shop software is usable in our business.

Also, i have imported 21 files into 3.5 ,modified, saved and then when when I reopen it shows that the file does not exist and deletes the file. i have been unable to recover the files, any suggestions?
DC

DCriogrande

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 23
RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 - 8/1/2018 3:03:45 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCriogrande
...can existing 21 files be used on the 23 or 23.1 version.

Yes, Both 23 and 23.1 can open 21 files.

quote:

...i have imported 21 files into 3.5 ,modified, saved and then when when I reopen it shows that the file does not exist and deletes the file. i have been unable to recover the files...

Try SAVE AS after you modify a 21 file. Give it a new name, keep the 3.5 extension.

You should be able to recover a copy of your original 21 file as long as you didn't just keep the one and overwrite it.

(in reply to DCriogrande)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> RE: Importing projects from Print Shop 23.1 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4