Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printshop 3.0 and windows 10

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 3/24/2016 2:06:45 AM   
cheriadrianna

I'm a bit upset at Broderbund in reference to my Print Shop 3.0 Deluxe all of a sudden not working anymore. I was working on a project of mine when all of a sudden it stopped working. I reloaded PS but it would not reload. I paid good money for that program and now all of a sudden it becomes "Incompatible" If Broderbund set a code into my PS 3.0D to force me to purchase new versions or updates, there may be some legal issues coming up over this situation. I'm very pissed off over this and am willing to go for a legal pursuit.

Anyone at Broderbund or Encore that reads this posting should contact me ASAP.
Post #: 1
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 3/24/2016 10:02:29 AM   
JasonC

Hello cheriadriana,

Thanks for posting your concerns on our forums about an older program. Windows 10 was designed way after the Print Shop 3.0 was built, so we're unable to make it compatible due to technical reasons. Microsoft has started out phasing older components of their Net Framework and other components which make it hard for these older programs to work.

Additionally, with the latest Windows 10 update build, it broke programs that were once working, even our newest program Print Shop 4.0

The best solution to try if you have installed this on Windows 10 is to right click on the Start Button and select "Programs and Features" Find Print Shop 3.0 in the add remove programs section and uninstall it.

Check C:\Program Files (x86)\ for a Print Shop 3.0 Folder. If one is left over delete it, empty the recycle bin and then restart your computer.

Attempt to install it again.

If this does not resolve the issue, I am afraid that it simply won't work and there will be no further updates to address such issues due to the support life cycle of this product.

You are more than welcome to inquire about our latest offers about a Windows 10 compatible version of PS by going to www.broderbund.com and calling 1-800-395-0277

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to cheriadrianna)
Post #: 2
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 4/17/2016 1:11:41 PM   
TomTobin

I am encountering a similar problem, but with Windows 7. I just purchased, downloaded and installed Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe this weekend. Every time I begin to
work in PS 4.0, after a few seconds a window pops open: "Print Shop 4.0 has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution....."
Windows does not "fix it" and another message window opens, "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Print Shop must be closed and all work lost.
This began happening earlier this week on a much older version of Print Shop (V 12!) that has been working faithfully all these years.
This seems to happen no matter what I am doing at the time (so not in the same place). I consulted the Encore forums and performed the
following actions described by Brandy redux:

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly and Safely
Computer Cleanup on Win 7
Clean install on Win 7

These actions did not resolve the problem. I am not experiencing this issue with any other programs installed on my PC.
Whaddup???

< Message edited by TomTobin -- 4/17/2016 1:12:17 PM >

(in reply to cheriadrianna)
Post #: 3
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 4/17/2016 1:28:46 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTobin
I am encountering a similar problem, but with Windows 7. I just purchased, downloaded and installed Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe this weekend. Every time I begin to
work in PS 4.0, after a few seconds a window pops open: "Print Shop 4.0 has stopped working. ...

I am also using Win7 and PS4.0. The program is working fine for me. I suspect you have a corrupted installation, not from the installation process, but from the downloaded file. A file can be corrupted if anti-virus software is running during the download.

Completely uninstall the program. Then temporarily disable anti-virus and download the file again. Then install the program. Once installed and working, enable anti-virus.

(in reply to TomTobin)
Post #: 4
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 4/17/2016 3:51:18 PM   
TomTobin

Thanks. I will try that. But how do you explain the same error message popping up in my old PS 12 version which was installed via disc some time ago and has been working perfectly until this past week?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 4/17/2016 3:55:32 PM   
ellengard

I would not know. It does mean that something has changed on your computer. Could be Windows updates or something else. v12 is pretty old and may no longer be 100% compatible with Win7.

(in reply to TomTobin)
Post #: 6
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 4/17/2016 10:34:54 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTobin

Thanks. I will try that. But how do you explain the same error message popping up in my old PS 12 version which was installed via disc some time ago and has been working perfectly until this past week?

If you're getting errors in both programs the run time components on your computer may be corrupt. Print Shop requires different versions of Net Framework depending on the edition of Print Shop you are installing.

There is a tool by Microsoft called the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool that you can use on your computer it might help you resolve the issues you might be having.

That tool can be found here: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2036&product_id=2647

The article mentions Windows 10 but can work on older editions of Windows.

PS 4.0 uses Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 and the older edition perhaps uses 1.1

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to TomTobin)
Post #: 7
RE: Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 - 6/30/2022 9:20:43 AM   
Anderton

Visit this user-to-user support forum whenever you have questions about how to use the program's tools and features. I enjoy helping others design documents.
slope unblocked

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printshop 3.0 and windows 10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4