Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 - 11/4/2016 12:26:33 PM   
Jenbatt2

Reluctantly I finally got a new computer with Windows 10, I have an old one with WIndows 7. Part of the reason is because I knew some of my older software might
work with Windows 10, particulary the Creative Software since that kind of creative stuff does not seem very popular anymore. I have Printmaster Gold 11 and
it worked fine on WIndow 7 but will not load in windows 10; does anybody know any tricks for loading it in windows 10 or should I keep my old computer
going so i can still use that software? Thanks Jen

Jennifer Batt
Post #: 1
RE: Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 - 11/4/2016 2:28:06 PM   
ellengard

Version 11 will not work on Win10. Keep your old computer for your old programs. That's what I've done. They are side-by-side and share my monitor and keyboard via a switch box.

The most current PrintMaster, version 7.0, is Win 10 compatible. This program makes all the same project types, (cards, labels, scrapbook pages, brochures, etc.) but is a totally new interface with all new graohics. There is no cross-compatibility between v11 and v7.0.

(in reply to Jenbatt2)
Post #: 2
RE: Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 - 11/7/2016 8:36:58 PM   
Ettie

The problem with installing older versions of PrintMaster on Windows 10 is due to the fact that PrintMaster 16 thru 18.1 require NET Framework 1.1 - which is not compatible with Windows 10. However, some of the older versions of PrintMaster - which do not require NET Framework 1.1 - can be installed on Windows 10, with limited success.

I currently have PrintMaster 15 installed on Windows 10. The only problem I experience is a 1706 Error which occurs every time I start PrintMaster 15 - and which can be easily bypassed. After bypassing the 1706 error message, PrintMaster 15 works pretty much as expected.

As can be seen here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=39784

the only problems with installing PrintMaster 11 on Windows 7 are 1) It is not possible to register PrintMaster 11 and 2) The 'ExpressIt' option on the splash screen will not work - because ExpressIt was discontinued approximately 2004.

Since I have successfully installed Print Shop 12 on Windows 10, I would have to assume that installing PrintMaster 11 on Windows 10 should be equally successful. However, since I do not currently own PrintMaster 11, I am not able to provide any specific information regarding this problem.

< Message edited by Ettie -- 11/7/2016 8:37:42 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4