Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Photo tint of color

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Photo tint of color Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Photo tint of color - 8/23/2009 10:22:25 AM   
najah

For some reason, I used to be able to change the tint of a photo that I edited, but suddenly cannot. I go to apply color set, the menu with color, texture and photo come up. I import the photo I want to edit, use the drop down menu to change the tint to 50% for example, hit OK and then nothing happens. The photo looks the exact same. It used to work fine but suddenly does not. Please help!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/23/2009 8:47:02 PM >

Najah
Post #: 1
RE: Photo tint of color - 8/23/2009 11:56:41 AM   
ellengard

That's a very unusual way of trying to tint a photo. Instead, just select your photo, click the paint can icon and choose a color from the palette. To lighten or darken, move the slider in the custom color palette box.

Another way to colorize your photo is to use the Adjust Color feature in the Photo Workshop.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to najah)
Post #: 2
RE: Photo tint of color - 8/23/2009 12:57:55 PM   
najah

I don't want the photo to change to a new color set completely. It's like if I had a black background that I wanted to turn to gray, so it would just be a lighter shade of the same color. You can look at the attached photo to see what I am talking about. So it would just be the same colors but faded.

Like I said, it worked before but just all of a sudden it stopped. It happened to me also with the page turner function. At first I had a little tool at the bottom of each project that allowed me to easily flip through multiple pages and then it just suddenly went away. I had to complete some process to get it back but I noticed others had that same issue.

If anyone can tell me what I may need to install or reinstall or whatever, please let me know.

Thanks,

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/23/2009 8:48:46 PM >

Najah

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Photo tint of color - 8/23/2009 1:14:00 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Najah,

The method that ellengard described above is the recommended method for applying a tint to a photo in the more recent versions of PrintMaster.

To break it down to it simplest steps, this is what you would do:

1. Click on the photo to select it.

2. Click on the Paint can in the toolbar at the top of the PrintMaster screen.

3. When the Color Palette window opens, click on the 'More' button.

4. When the Color window opens, click on the 'Define Custom Colors' button.

5. Click on the left arrow (the slider that ellengard mentioned above), then drag the slider up until the desired shade is achieved.

If/when you post back here, please tell us which version number of PrintMaster you are using. The reason why I ask is that with the more recent versions of PrintMaster the Apply Color Set option that you described cannot be used to apply tint to a photo.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/23/2009 2:47:45 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to najah)
Post #: 4
RE: Photo tint of color - 8/23/2009 1:36:28 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: najah
I don't want the photo to change to a new color set completely... it would just be the same colors but faded.

To fade a photo, just move the slider up, in the custom color palette.

Also, the Photo Workshop lets you fade photos with several options: brighten, contrast, saturation, gamma, etc.

Color sets aren't for editing photos. The purpose of color sets is to help you create consistent, professional-looking documents by assigning your chosen colors to the panel, text and lines of your various business stationery. (So your letterhead matches your business card matches your web site, etc.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to najah)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality >> Photo tint of color Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4