Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Margins on Paper size

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Margins on Paper size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Margins on Paper size - 2/18/2012 10:08:03 AM   
RGlover

How can I increase the margin size? I am using 8.5x11 paper. How do I eliminate the 3/4 margin of the paper. When I print it cuts off 3/4 all the way around. I hope I explained this correctly. Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Margins on Paper size - 2/18/2012 12:45:29 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi RGlover,

If you want to remove the margins, you want to decrease the margin size - not increase the margin size. However, it is very important to keep in mind that EVERY printer (even borderless printers - when the borderless option is not activated) is designed with a built-in, unprintable margin area. And, any text and/or graphics which is placed in that margin area will not print.

Print Shop 3.0 is designed by default to create margins that are the exact size of the unprintable margin areas for the selected printer. And, Print Shop 3.0 is designed by default to display the unprintable margin areas for the selected printer.

The quickest way to determine the unprintable margin areas for your printer would be to do this:

1. Open a blank Print Shop 3.0 project.

2. Click on the 'View' tab.

3. Make sure that there is a check mark next to 'Show Printer Margins'.

4. When 'Show Printer Margins' is checked, you should see a faint line near the edge of the project on all 4 sides. And, I suspect the lines you see will be the same size as the margins you are trying to get rid of.

If the dotted line margins on the workspace don't look correct, the first best course of action would be to check the printer's documentation to determine the exact size of the built-in unprintable margin areas for that printer. If you find that Print Shop 3.0 is not displaying the correct unprintable margin for the selected printer, it would be a very good idea to go to the printer manufacturer's web site to download and install the most current printer driver for both your Operating System and the version of the Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit). If you don't know which version you are using, go to Control Panel, select System, then look for something which says either '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'. If you are using WinXP and you don't see any mention of either 32-bit or 64-bit, that would indicate that you are using a 32-bit Operating System.

If you find that Print Shop 3.0 is displaying the correct unprintable margin for the selected printer, you might be able to adjust the unprintable margin areas - especially if you are using a borderless printer. In Broderbund programs, margins can sometimes be adjusted by going into the selected printer's Properties then activating whatever margin options are available for reducing the size of the margins. Common margin options are 'Minimize Margins', 'Printable Area', 'Borderfree', 'Borderless', etc.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/16/2012 9:49:38 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to RGlover)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Margins on Paper size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4