Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

White Around Images

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> White Around Images Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
White Around Images - 5/31/2013 6:52:10 AM   
nomem

I'm just learning this software. When I choose an image, it has a white shadow(?) around it. This also shows up in print preview. Is this on all images? Is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: White Around Images - 5/31/2013 8:53:47 AM   
ellengard

The first images that appear after clicking the clipart icon, happen to be "sticker" images. Only a fraction of the images available are sticker images.

(in reply to nomem)
Post #: 2
RE: White Around Images - 5/31/2013 10:59:58 AM   
nomem

I'm not clear on this. What are sticker images? Do they all have the white around them? Is there a way to get rid of it? I'm just learning and wanted use the sailboat that was near the top when I added an image. It's just a simple sailboat, but has the white around it. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: White Around Images - 5/31/2013 1:01:18 PM   
ellengard

There's a drop down menu for you to narrow your search for clipart. See "stickers"? They all have a white border and a shadow, to look like peel and stick stickers.

Type "sailboat" in the search box to find a sailboat image that is not a sticker.

If you have lots of time to learn the photo-editing tools (assuming you have the Pro version), there are different methods of removing or covering up the border of a sticker.

(in reply to nomem)
Post #: 4
RE: White Around Images - 6/1/2013 6:01:29 AM   
nomem

Thanks ellengard. That's another of my problems...not only do I have no memory (nomem), I have no patience and want to jump right in and do something without knowing the hows and whys. I go from having too much time, to not enough time. Several years ago, we had a coffee/soup/salad/sandwich/antique shop and I made all our menus, brochures, t-shirts, posters, mailings, business cards, etc, etc, etc using an old version of Print Shop. I knew how to use it to its fullest; so, I thought I could jump right in this version.
Not!
I made what I needed using a sailboat svg in another program. But, I'm determined to learn Print Shop again.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: White Around Images - 6/1/2013 10:41:53 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomem
... I'm determined to learn Print Shop again.

These will help: http://www.printshop.com/video-tutorials.aspx

(in reply to nomem)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> White Around Images Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4