Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Changing Cell Sizes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Changing Cell Sizes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Cell Sizes - 10/17/2013 11:33:57 AM   
Office Manager

We have been using a very old version of Calendar Creator and have just upgraded to 12.1. In the old version, we were able to have larger cells for Saturday and Sunday, since this is when the majority of our events occur (we're a church). We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/17/2013 3:03:35 PM   
JasonC

I was wondering if this link might be helpful? I found it in a search..

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=45387&mpage=1&key=changing%2Ccell%2Csize녋

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Office Manager)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/17/2013 4:17:57 PM   
DEJenc3

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's going to be possible in this version of Calendar Creator. The message in Jason's link applies only to the way images are managed within a cell, and the size of the day cell does not change to accommodate a picture or an event.

I experimented to see if I could find a workaround for what you'd like to do, but wasn't successful. Perhaps someone else has an idea, but as far as I can tell, rows and columns cannot be customized with non-identical day cells.

David

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/17/2013 5:07:11 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Office Manager
... larger cells for Saturday and Sunday, since this is when the majority of our events occur (we're a church). We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?

I can only suggest a workaround. If Friday is unoccupied, add a note that spans Friday and Saturday. The note gives plenty of room for text.

A similar thing can be done with Sunday/Monday.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/18/2013 12:51:44 PM   
HomerT

quote:

We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?

Cell sizes in 12.1 must be set manually.

Place the cursor over the day cell line between either Sunday/Monday or Friday/Saturday. When the cursor changes to a 2-headed arrow, drag the line to the desired location.* After the Saturday and Sunday day cells have been set to the desired size, you will see that the weekday day cells have changed size and will need to be manually adjusted.

*If the cursor does not change to a 2-headed arrow, right click on the space which is reserved for small calendars, then select the Set Moveable option.

< Message edited by HomerT -- 10/18/2013 12:56:04 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/18/2013 1:19:11 PM   
DEJenc3

Thanks, HomerT. I've never seen that before.

When I tried, it would not work with any of my existing calendars (which maybe explains why it escaped me), but would work with a new, blank calendar.

If it's the case that it works only with a blank calendar, it may be possible to export events from another calendar and import them into the new calendar, after resizing the cells and saving it first.

David

(in reply to HomerT)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/18/2013 2:51:09 PM   
HomerT

From what I've seen, many (if not all) new, blank calendars are automatically set to moveable by default, while many existing calendars are not set to moveable. Any existing calendar can be set to moveable, provided you right click in the space reserved for small calendars. It is not possible to access the Set Moveable option by right clicking inside the calendar grid.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing Cell Sizes - 10/18/2013 4:14:18 PM   
DEJenc3

That does work. It's a fussy selection for Set Moveable, but it's there on my filled calendars. It's good to learn something new, and it should solve Office Manager's problem. Thanks for finding the solution needed.

David

(in reply to HomerT)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Changing Cell Sizes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4