Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printshop 3.5 Deluxe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printshop 3.5 Deluxe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/23/2013 11:24:14 AM   
Tracileeg

I am not finding any support anywhere for 3.5. A little like Obamacare... it must be a trend.

I am trying to find guide rulers or guide lines to be able to line up objects and pictures on a newsletter project. Can't find the capability anywhere, nor does it follow the user guide for Printshop 3.0. Any idea? Or did I foolishly spend money on a product that doesn't even have basic publishing functionality?
Post #: 1
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/23/2013 3:43:15 PM   
ellengard

It's in the help menu. Here is screen capture.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/23/2013 3:46:53 PM >

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 2
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/23/2013 3:56:07 PM   
ellengard

For example, here I added 9 horizontal and 9 vertical guides, equally distributed across the page.

Or just click and drag from the rulers to drop a guide line onto the page.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/23/2013 3:59:16 PM >

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 3
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/24/2013 6:57:50 AM   
Tracileeg

Thanks ellengard... I found the help page. That's exactly what I was trying to do.... The problem is not that I didn't know how to use the guides, the problem is that the guides were not available to be used. According to whomever I finally contacted at the company, guide lines are not included with the Printshop 3.5. Funny, they obviously are with 3.0. Pretty much a waste of $50 without them, in my opinion.

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 4
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/24/2013 1:01:44 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tracileeg
... the problem is that the guides were not available to be used. According to whomever I finally contacted at the company, guide lines are not included with the Printshop 3.5.

You mean there are no guide lines in Deluxe version? Because I clearly have guide lines and I'm using 3.5 Pro. How about the auto guide lines that appear when you click and drag an object? I think that's a new feature on both Deluxe and Pro.

If guide lines are not available to you, as a workaround I would add a table just for the grids, then delete the table before printing.

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 5
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/24/2013 2:04:03 PM   
Tracileeg

There are guides when I click on the objects, but not when I try to pull down from the top ruler or over from the side ruler. The table is a good idea... I wouldn't have thought of that!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/24/2013 4:28:06 PM   
ellengard

Under the View tab, do you see a Show Guides check box? I had to toggle it on and off a couple of times and then I could drag a guide line from the rulers.

Please confirm that someone from Encore told you that Deluxe has no guide line feature. I want to know if that is really true.

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 7
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/25/2013 6:44:44 AM   
Tracileeg

Yes. I talked to a Raelynn in customer support, and she told me that there were no guides in 3.5 deluxe. I was under the gun to get a project finished by a deadline so I ended up just upgrading to the professional. They only charged me an extra 49.99, rather than having to purchase it for $100. A little frustrating for sure!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Printshop 3.5 Deluxe - 10/25/2013 10:21:28 AM   
ellengard

Thanks for the info. I'm glad they could upgrade the program for you. 3.5 is new with a lot of improvements over 3.0.

Do you use linking text boxes in your newsletters? Mine don't print correctly, but it may just be me.

(in reply to Tracileeg)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> Printshop 3.5 Deluxe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4