Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 - 10/16/2020 6:59:38 PM   
gkmaka37pop@gmail.co

I downloaded Print Shop 5.0 during June of 2019. I worked without any problem until I logged in about a month ago and saw a program update was available. After accepting the update, a project will not print.

When I click on the "Print" button nothing happens. It is as if it is nonfunctional

When I click on the down arrow above the "save" icon and then select "Print" I do not get a drop-down menu where I can select my printer, paper size, etc.

I have had numerous emails from tech support with no success. As a last resort, the tech support agent sent me a link for a new download of Print Shop 5.0 with detailed instructions on how to uninstall 5.0, clean out the registry folders, empty the recycle bin, etc; restart my computer, and then download 5.0.

I followed all of the instructions to the letter and after performing a new download I experienced the same problem. The tech agent had me check the version number of the new download which I did and he replied, "You are up to date."

I may be "up to date" but the program still will not print. Yes I can print documents from other software so it is not the printer.

Any suggestions? Tech support cannot help.

GaryK
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 - 10/17/2020 12:51:16 PM   
lindarobin

If there is a newer print driver for your model, that may solve the issue. Otherwise I can only suggest a workaround. Export your project to PDF or JPG. The PDF will print from Adobe Reader. The JPG will have to be added to a blank project in another program, to be properly sized and positioned for printing.

Compare both files at 200% or more zoom. One may be sharper than the other, so that's the preferred one to print. If there's a lot of text and the PDF embedded the fonts, then the PDF is probably the one to print.

In the past, I have found that exporting to JPG produced sharper images than the PDF, but that may have changed depending on the PDF driver being used.

(in reply to gkmaka37pop@gmail.co)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 - 10/17/2020 3:57:14 PM   
ConradAS

I also have a print problem with Print Shop 5.0.
A few days ago, I created a new project and tried to print it. I created a PDF so that I could print this project on another PC.
When I click on "Save As PDF", I get a chance to name the file, then I get the "Rendering" message.
When the "Rendering" is finished, the file name is created, but it has a size of "0".
Please Help.
Conrad

(in reply to gkmaka37pop@gmail.co)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 - 10/17/2020 4:29:43 PM   
lindarobin

If you have another PDF driver you can print to, that would be my first suggestion. I use the free and versatile Cute PDF Writer:
https://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

It works with ALL programs.

Some projects are so large and complex that they are difficult to render to PDF or for direct printing. Creating a flattened (simplify to one layer) file to print (or convert to PDF) always works for me. In Photoshop, I merge all visible layers, but in The Print Shop, exporting to JPG is the closest thing.

(in reply to ConradAS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Unable to Print from Print Shop 5.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4